Choose style:

Author Topic: Just go to Lowes/Home Depot  (Read 4124 times)

Offline swat

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Just go to Lowes/Home Depot
« on: July 05, 2017, 09:04:09 am »
There is nothing more frustrating that to pick up a new switch or what have you at Lowes or Home Depot, install it and then get "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE" - seriously folks, you will never be considered a player in the home automation market if I cannot simply buy something at a home improvement store and have it work "out of the box."

Granted, I understand that manufacturers are coming out with new devices just about every day, but I am really tired of getting unsupported device, followed by the fact that I may actually be able to perform some level of management for the device directly via the almond+ but not via my android app or the web page - what's up with that?

My latest in a long line of pet peeves is the GE Fan Control.  It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering scrapping the Almond+ and going with some other controller.

--Scott

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Just go to Lowes/Home Depot
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 12:26:59 pm »
Enjoy! You'll have the same experience with all home automation platforms right now and for a while going forward.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:05 pm »
Enjoy! You'll have the same experience with all home automation platforms right now and for a while going forward.

I dont think this is true. If you see my posts around the forums you'll know I have a soft corner for Securifi, but the device support is pretty bad.And then you have three different interfaces that need to be supported which makes it really bad.

With other platforms, if it is supported it will most likely work with all their integrations.

While I liked Securifi, but their pace of support and adding new devices and features is so slow that I have realized they will never be a major player in the market.

Look at these forums. No technology product has become successful without a good community backing and this place is a ghost town.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:22:37 am »
Scott/swat,
Maybe I missed a thread otherwise but what problem with the GE Fan Control? We have 2 of those that worked fine with my Almond+ and now with my Almond 3.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 07:26:37 pm »
Scott/swat,
Maybe I missed a thread otherwise but what problem with the GE Fan Control? We have 2 of those that worked fine with my Almond+ and now with my Almond 3.

I'm bunny-U-Me-ing that he is referring to the new ZW+ models

There is nothing more frustrating that to pick up a new switch or what have you at Lowes or Home Depot, install it and then get "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE" - seriously folks, you will never be considered a player in the home automation market if I cannot simply buy something at a home improvement store and have it work "out of the box."

Granted, I understand that manufacturers are coming out with new devices just about every day, but I am really tired of getting unsupported device, followed by the fact that I may actually be able to perform some level of management for the device directly via the almond+ but not via my android app or the web page - what's up with that?

My latest in a long line of pet peeves is the GE Fan Control.  It's getting to the point where I'm seriously considering scrapping the Almond+ and going with some other controller.

--Scott

This is why Securifi is only used as AP in my house. I moved all my ZW + Zigbee to another hub almost 2 years ago. The extremely limited number of supported devices , the hidden limit as to how many total devices ZW, ZigBee, WiFi combined is a killer. Even only using it as router, access point I am fast approaching that limit yet again.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 02:55:32 pm »
Ah. I have been looking to get one of the new Z-Wave+ ones, since I need one more fan control. Guess I will have to see once one hits the price point.

Mind telling me the # of devices limit? I hit one A3 during beta but they upped it before release and I have not hit it yet.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck