bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Range Extender function at a campground  (Read 5366 times)

Offline IC2

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Range Extender function at a campground
« on: July 21, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »
After looking at the box for almost a year, decided to set up my ;standard' Almond as a range extender in our 5th wheel. The campground does have decent WIFI but occasionally one repeater or the other loses signal. It took a while longer then the advertised 3 minutes but does work --- that is except for the fact it gets into a loop with the campground's sign in page on most websites. That sign in page tells me I was successful signing in but also tells me that their service may be speed limited.  Is this router/range extender telling me that the campground WIFI is not fast enough and that there is an interface problem. Or did I miss something on the set up

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Range Extender function at a campground
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:36:14 pm »
@ IC2,

Could you please let us know the firmware/software version, so that accordingly we can suggest.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Range Extender function at a campground
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:06 am »
Sounds like the campground wifi restricting access so people aren't using all the bandwidth with streaming services and what not. They may be limiting the speeds. With an extender you will at best get about half the speeds of the main router.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck