bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: New A3, High Pitched Noise  (Read 4063 times)

Offline HomeUser76

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New A3, High Pitched Noise
« on: August 22, 2017, 11:21:57 pm »
Hello,

I have a new Almond 3 purchased from Amazon just a few days ago. Set up was easy. Using as a router for upstairs wifi coverage of our house as the ISP/Cable router located downstairs doesn't reach upstairs well enough. The A3 is connected via a Cat6 cable. The Almond 3 transmits fine upstairs to our devices.

Problem is a high pitched sound is emitted driving everyone in the room where it's located crazy. I tried switching it to the Range extender mode, wifi works fine again, but the sound is still there. Probably cap or coil whine, but I've never heard it so loud in other devices (usually only heard this with ear right next to devices).

Is this unit defective or do all Almond 3's make this noise? Should I return to Amazon (Prime Member)?

Thanks.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: New A3, High Pitched Noise
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:27:05 am »
Sounds like the alarm is on. Go to the connected devices screen. Select the alarm and turn it off.

Offline HomeUser76

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 05:05:02 pm »
Sounds like the alarm is on. Go to the connected devices screen. Select the alarm and turn it off.

Thanks for replying. Do you mean Bedroom Siren? I have both the Bedroom Siren  and LED turned off. It's a high pitched soft tone, not like the sounds in the alarm settings.

???

Offline pabpoo

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:54:19 pm »
Thanks for replying. Do you mean Bedroom Siren? I have both the Bedroom Siren  and LED turned off. It's a high pitched soft tone, not like the sounds in the alarm settings.

???
Do you have the router in a bedside table? I can hear a high pitched tone when the router is powered on, it's like a static electricity on the speaker. If I turn on/off the alarm it goes away.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck