Choose style:

Author Topic: SwannOne Smart Plug issues  (Read 2329 times)

Offline NatDan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SwannOne Smart Plug issues
« on: September 10, 2017, 05:56:22 am »
Hi all.  I'm a long time reader and a first time poster.

I backed the Almond+ on Kickstarter (I don't know the process to get the backer icon?), but I haven't done a lot with it so far.  It was used as an Access Point for quite a while before I moved to Ubiquiti products.  Not a lot was done on the home automation side of the Almond+, but I knew that it would be handy 1 day.

More than a year ago, I bought a SwannOne Smart Plug (SWO-SMP1PA-AU / http://www.swann.com/au/swannone-smart-plug ) and primarily used it as a random light when we weren't home.  My wife wasn't impressed with the 'extra' switch, so the Smart Plug was removed and it hasn't been touched in a while.

I'm looking more into home automation and noticed the Smart Plug on special, so I bought 2 more of the above units (also model SWO-SMP1PA-AU).  Both new units paired easily with the Almond+ but I couldn't then do much with them.  By connecting locally, I can manually toggle the switches on and off.  As soon as I change to the cloud connection the new units fail to operate.  The original unit displays power details (incorrectly as below), but the new units don't have any of that additional information.  The icon for the new units are devoid of the small power meter in the corner as well?  It was only when I logged in locally via the web interface that I noticed under devices that the new units show 'Unsupported device!'.

I suspect that the original unit was added on a previous firmware version, but apart from this, I'm at a loss to work out why 1 Smart Plug works fine and I can't get 2 more of the same to work correctly?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I also bought the SwannOne Power switch (SWO-SMP1PA-AU) and it works fine, does not stop working. Only minor issue is with the measurements, voltage and watts work, current works but reports 3049.000 A which should be 3049.000 mA, ie the sensor reports milliamps not amps.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:53:21 am by NatDan »

Offline NatDan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: SwannOne Smart Plug issues
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:17:49 am »
As there have been no responses, I'll try a different angle.

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware so I can see if the new Smart Plugs can be setup, as the original was?  I've looked for an archive of firmware versions but I've not had any joy.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.