bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Ring Protect system announced  (Read 3119 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Ring Protect system announced
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Ring Protect system announced
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 10:32:27 pm »
There’s a lot of competitions now... hard to decide which one to choose. Hope I am on the right direction with Almond. I like it because it has a router already which is not bad for what I need so I am sticking with it... not planning to buy other automation hub like smart things or vera.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Ring Protect system announced
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:25:16 am »
There’s a lot of competitions now... hard to decide which one to choose. Hope I am on the right direction with Almond. I like it because it has a router already which is not bad for what I need so I am sticking with it... not planning to buy other automation hub like smart things or vera.

I agree, also, so far the costs seem better with Almond then the Nest and I am pretty vested, obviously. Also, as a beta tester, I feel like I have the opportunity to help guide the future of the Almond system towards a more ideal system.

Nest seems highly priced, no information on future sensors, other brands, online/offline/local connections etc etc.
Ring seems to have a solid price point but again no information on other sensors and network connections. Also, I have heard of a number of reliability issues with the Ring doorbells, which would make me wary.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.