Choose style:

Author Topic: Rule turns itself off - glitch?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline RichardS

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Rule turns itself off - glitch?
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:27:57 am »
I have a rule that inexplicably turns itself off, and I have not been able to figure out why.

The purpose of the rule is to flash the lights in sequence before going off and staying off.

The rule is:
[exact time] -> turn off group of three Cree Connected bulbs -> 1 sec delay -> turn on bulb one -> 1 sec delay -> turn off bulb one -> 1 sec delay -> turn on bulb two -> 1 sec delay -> turn off bulb two -> 1 sec delay -> turn on bulb three -> 1 sec delay -> turn off bulb three

I have tried all of the following, without success:
1) Deleting the rule and recreating it from zero;
2) Assigning the rule to a different time;
3) Assigning rule to a different time to a minute ahead of the current time at the moment to observe it turning itself off, but it performs the task and stays on, but turns itself off after next on-time execution after fixing the time back;
4) Putting rules in the list after it so that it won't be the last rule on the list.

Any ideas?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Rule turns itself off - glitch?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:14:30 am »
That is quite strange. Might I recommend trying (though the effect may be slightly off) three different rules i.e. one for each bulb and see if it turns any of them off.

Offline RichardS

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Rule turns itself off - glitch?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 10:44:03 pm »
I added a rule to turn all but one off at an earlier time. I changed the rule in question to blink the remaining bulb three times before staying off. Result: both rules executed at their appointed times. The rule that blinks the light and then leaves it off, turned itself off.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck