Choose style:

Author Topic: All my smart devices vanished  (Read 7594 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
All my smart devices vanished
« on: December 29, 2017, 03:57:59 am »
All my smart devices vanished at what seems like exactly 11 pm today central time. I rebooted trying to get them back , no luck. I don’t even recall how many devices I had. Is there any way to recover them rather than adding them again ?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: All my smart devices vanished
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:19:14 am »
@ d.kiran,

I am positive, we shouldn't be facing any issues like this unless "Removal All Sensors" was done. However, please do reach our support team at support@securifi.com, to see what best could be done.

Offline Management

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:05:10 pm »
I also encountered the same issue at roughly the exact same time. One moment all of the sensors were working, and then right around midnight EST they were all gone. I am positive the 'Remove All Sensors' function was not triggered by me. I have opened a case with the support team and awaiting a response.

Is this potentially a widespread issue? Are there any security concerns we need to be aware of? Is it possible to pull log files from the router?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 07:13:31 pm »
@ Management,

As per the data, we got few hundreds of users updated the firmware and even at support team side, got no issue reported like this. However, a real-time debugging would be more helpful and would request our support team to get in touch with you over a live chat or phone to get this taken care off.

Offline zibmak

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:36:10 pm »
This happened to me about a year ago (on release R090). And I did report it right here on this forum!
Ultimately, I had to add each sensor back one at a time! Seems like there is an intermittent bug.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 11:43:09 pm »
Just happened to me as well.

Offline lmmmmm

• Chestnut
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 02:03:49 pm »
yes lost all my devices as well. and i did no updates nor have i installed last release in december.

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:08:10 pm »
All my devices vanished too and I changed nothing, and I am not putting them back in
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 07:14:29 am »
@ All,

I just received an update that our team already started working on this and in process of debugging to understand what exactly is causing it. Meanwhile, logs would surely help us, as long as the device is not rebooted. Hence, if the device is still not rebooted then please send us the logs with description "Logs for Almond+"

On the other hand, any additional information like when was the last time they were working and what was the last change?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:28:10 am by Ashok »

Offline grh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 07:19:03 pm »
Same issue here.  Has happened twice in the last 2 weeks, the most recent time being Monday night 1/1.  I sent logs after the second occurrence, but unfortunately it was after a weekly automated reboot (didn't notice until I woke up Tuesday morning and my holiday lights were still on).  When it happens again, I'll try to send logs before any reboot. 

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 10:15:35 pm »
Last smart home activity for me was 7:31pm est on 01/03/2018. I did nothing and changed nothing, just gone.
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 10:02:30 pm »
Now looks like the cloud is not working. Therefore nothing via alexa works. Local control is still there. Just the cloud part is  not working. Sending logs.

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:14 pm »
Because of this and lack of updates I am moving my WiFi devices to Google WiFi mesh system. Not sure if I want to still use the home automation part of the almond + or not. What are you guys using now and does it work well?

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 02:24:40 am »
Now looks like the cloud is not working. Therefore nothing via alexa works. Local control is still there. Just the cloud part is  not working. Sending logs.

I had to change my password and then reconnect and everything worked.

Because of this and lack of updates I am moving my WiFi devices to Google WiFi mesh system. Not sure if I want to still use the home automation part of the almond + or not. What are you guys using now and does it work well?
Honestly? I could not find anything else that works as well. Tried smartthings, was not impressed. Already using homeassistant, so tied using a stick with that. Was not impressed with the config involved. Currently using Homeassistant and custom python scripts with Almond and I am happy.

Also, the way things are going z-wave and zigbee are going to be dead with Wifi being the norm. I *hate* that, but looks like that is going to be the future looking at CES etc.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:18 am »
Honestly? I could not find anything else that works as well. Tried smartthings, was not impressed. Already using homeassistant, so tied using a stick with that. Was not impressed with the config involved. Currently using Homeassistant and custom python scripts with Almond and I am happy.

Also, the way things are going z-wave and zigbee are going to be dead with Wifi being the norm. I *hate* that, but looks like that is going to be the future looking at CES etc.

I agree. The Almond ecosystem is what I am looking for, though I have obviously asked for certain functionally/features that aren't available that I would like, compared with what everyone offers. How are you using the Homeassistant and python scripts?

I don't see Z Wave and Zigbee going down. At least not for a while, I do see potential for a future merger of the two to better compete and make it less confusing. Once people start to have high numbers of WiFi smart HA devices I think you'll see the non-WiFi protocols surge again.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 17 queries.