Choose style:

Author Topic: Need to use Almond+ as network switch  (Read 3137 times)

Offline wiesy442

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Need to use Almond+ as network switch
« on: January 10, 2018, 08:53:22 pm »
I have a WD Mycloud Network Attached Storage and it is now not compatible with the all-in-one modem/router Spectrum just gave me. Apparently the Ubee (router) needs a network switch in order to work with the WD NAS. I don't use my Almond anymore and rather than use Almond's inferior range in the house or run 4 wifi signals, I'd like to just use the Almond as a network switch. I was told it is possible (when I called securifi), but I cannot find how to do it. I want to turn off the wifi on the Almond. Currently it's ethernet to Almond and ethernet to WD.
My hope is to map the drive on the network without having to go through the Almond's wifi.  I was only able to map the drive with WD's help with Almond's Wifi on and me connected to it. 
This is just a tiny part of the inconvenience Spectrum has become since installing all-in-one service.  Thank you.

Offline Mishakim

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Need to use Almond+ as network switch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:41:36 am »
This is how I'm currently using my Almond+ - as just a switch, plus z-wave for things that I haven't moved to other platforms yet. All you have to do it put it into Access Point mode, and turn off both bands of WiFi. In AP mode, the four LAN ports are switched, even if the WiFi is turned off.

Offline wiesy442

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Need to use Almond+ as network switch
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:53:38 pm »
Thank you. I did try that, half suspecting that would be the proper way to do it. I can't map the drive. I can't even reach it's IP. Opened CMD and looked for it "arp -a". It's not there.  Perhaps the new firmware might help, but I'm not expecting it.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.