bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Sylvania/OSRAM Lightify Color-dimmable bulb and Alexa  (Read 3126 times)

Offline djd

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sylvania/OSRAM Lightify Color-dimmable bulb and Alexa
« on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:43 pm »
Hi all,

I have a bunch of Sylvania/Osram Lightify 60W bulbs (ZIgbee technology) successfully connected to my Almond+.

Using Almond+ touch screen, app, and web interface I can successfully:
- turn on/off, change color, change brightness and saturation.
- assign it to a scene or trigger

Using the Alexa Almond Home Automation skill I cannot change the color (Alexa says that the device "does not support that"). But, in the Alexa app it correctly shows up as a "color-dimmable bulb". What should I do to make it work?

As a temporary workaround I created a different scene for each color of each bulb within Almond, and using the Alexa Almond App (which is a different skill than the one above), I can ask Alexa "tell Almond to XXX". This works, but it is not the way I want it since it requires a manual creation of hundred of scenes. My other colored bulbs support the regular Alexa command "Alexa, change XXX color to XXX".

Any idea and/or experience regarding this?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Offline Dudeness30

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sylvania/OSRAM Lightify Color-dimmable bulb and Alexa
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 06:28:26 pm »
Mine would not change color with voice commands either. Just on/off and brightness.
Almond+, 2 flood sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 Z-wave water valve, 2 Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS - Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Relay, 1 GE Z-Wave Outdoor Module, 1 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Z-Wave Smart Dual Relay,

Offline ache

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Sylvania/OSRAM Lightify Color-dimmable bulb and Alexa
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:29:11 am »
I don't have any answers, but I would think that it's up to Securifi to update their skill to allow Alexa to change the color.

I've assumed that the bulbs on which you can change the color via Alexa, aren't controlled by your Almond+?

By the way - I've just successfully connected a Lightify bulb to my Almond+ too (which led me here) - but I can't figure out how to change the color. On the web interface of my Almond+ I see sliders for Hue, Saturation, and Brightness. But no matter what I do to the Hue slider, it doesn't change colors. Am I doing something wrong?

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck