Choose style:

Author Topic: inovelli 2 Channel Outdoor Smart Plug Works  (Read 5784 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
inovelli 2 Channel Outdoor Smart Plug Works
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:20:11 pm »
Brand: inovelli
Model Name: Outdoor Smart Plug (2-Channel)
Model Number: NZW97
What unit was it tested with: Almond 3
Protocol: Z-Wave Plus (908.42Mhz frequency)
What functions work / don't work: Both outlets can be individually controlled
What Batteries / Power Supply: US Plug
Purchase Location: inovelli
Price Paid: $45
Notes, Comments or Limitations:
Added the device as a "Multiswitch" when the type of device option was presented. Both outlets function quickly.
This is an outdoor-rated (IP65) dual outlet.
Ratings indicate each outlet has a max 15A load, and the total combined load is also 15A.
I am also emailing them so they know both outlets work (they currently list that only one works with Almond).
Photo of item attached: Yes, from company website.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:37:25 pm by fillibar »
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: inovelli 2 Channel Outdoor Smart Plug Works
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »
Good to know. I was wondering about these things.... thanks for passing it along

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:15:35 am »
I completely stumbled upon it. Was looking for outdoor devices (mostly for Christmas projects) and found it. I saw it said only one outlet would work with Almond but most devices are one outlet only to begin with. So I figured I would give it a shot. Both worked right off the bat. It seems pretty well constructed, if a touch large, but since it is outdoors I am not bothered at all. They have a dual outlet indoor one I am curious about also.

I think there needs to be more outdoor HA stuff in general. Plus I would love a GFCI HA outlet (even if it was just one plug) to replace all of my outdoor GFCI. That way I could control them for Christmas (and Halloween) and have the plugs for other tasks around the yard. I guess I could go with GFCI breakers... Oh well.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 09:03:25 am »
Im sure more things will come along in time. Smarthome stuff is now really taking off. ... I also seen something about Philips hue making outdoor lights/ light bulbs!? Those could be handy imo

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:30:35 pm »
Neat item. Very reasonable price. Never heard of it. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be looking at this for the outdoor Christmas lights next time around.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 01:42:35 pm »
I just updated the original with their website. I will note, shipping seemed pretty speedy. Admittedly this is all 1 of 1 purchase and 2 emails, but it left a good impression. They were quick to respond to my contacting them.

Also interested because they made code available for the SmartThings device handlers, and other content readily available. While not directly useful to me I would have to think that could help Securifi with support if needed.

Also... In the emails they mentioned wanting to do OTA firmware updates for their devices. Securifi makes this available for Peanut Plugs... But if they made it possible for other devices like these, that would be a nice point.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:43:25 am »
Wonder if this works. https://inovelli.com/shop/smart-light-switches/z-wave-toggle-switch-dimmer-w-scenes-repeater/ It indicates it works with 3 way switches without needing a second auxiliary switch just the existing switches and wires.

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:01 am »
Wonder if this works. https://inovelli.com/shop/smart-light-switches/z-wave-toggle-switch-dimmer-w-scenes-repeater/ It indicates it works with 3 way switches without needing a second auxiliary switch just the existing switches and wires.

This is a lot cheaper compared to other switches that requires auxiliary switch. Can someone try this and let us know if it works? :)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:06 am »
They should have the rocker switches in stock next week and I'm going to try it out then. Great price and excellent feature set. The founder Eric also seems like a great guy and was very responsive when I sent an email about compatibility. Be nice to see him do well with nice products at competitive prices.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 03:25:05 am »
I bought one of the rocker switches 2-3 months ago and installed it in a three way setting. It paired easily and works flawlessly. Instantly updates status as well. Very pleased w it. Note this wasn’t the scene capable  one, I am curious as to see if the scene one would work. Maybe act like a click? I may look into getting one soon as there site says stocks should be replenishing soon, been out for sometime. Was interested w the dual indoor plug as well but they have it as not compatible? You would think it would act like the outdoor module?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 08:10:35 am »
The outdoor one works well, both outlets can be controlled just fine. I had a couple emails with the Founder and he said that they would update the website to get Almond on the fully supported list for this and the indoor version. I also asked about the switches (I really need an additional dimming switch) but as you said they have been OoS for a bit. He said they should be coming in a few weeks. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I am hoping it is not much longer.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 01:28:18 pm »
I haven't picked up any yet because I have been working on other projects and putting some new HA off for a bit. But I have spoken with the founder and he seems like a good guy,

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.