bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Hi, just ordered my Almond 3  (Read 6110 times)

Offline gustavoa21

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi, just ordered my Almond 3
« on: November 09, 2016, 05:36:59 pm »
I am pretty excited but I have a couple questions...

1.  When is the ship date? I saw november but never got a welcome email saying what to expect- I really wish it was a bit more coordinated.
2.  How do I enable z-wave and bluetooth integration? it says it is compatible via usb but what does that mean? do i need to get a seperate z-wave and bluetooth integraiton plugin? how do you do this when there is only one usb 2.0 slot?
3.  For alexa integration is it that i can speak to her via the Almond 3? so another alexa speaker in your other room?

Thanks, Gus

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hi, just ordered my Almond 3
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »
@ gustavoa21,

1) Everything is on track and shipments would start by 16th Nov and tracking numbers would be sent to the respective email once the shipment is initiated.

2) We need to connect a Z-wave USB dongle for connecting Z-wave sensors and you can go for the following.

https://www.amazon.com/Securifi-Z-Wave-USB-dongle/dp/B01LAX97K4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478736133&sr=8-1&keywords=securifi+dongle

3) You can directly talk to the Amazon Echo to access sensors or scenes.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Hi, just ordered my Almond 3
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:47:48 pm »
1) Shipping should be soon as Ashok stated.
2) I imagine powered hubs are supported, so you could add additional dongles if desired, at this time I believe only Z wave devices are working. There is, to my knowledge, no library of bluetooth devices that are supported.
3) Yes Alexa is supported, no the echo does not act as an Echo. It means you talk to Alexa and can control via voice devices and some settings on the Almond 3, i.e. "Alexa, turn on my front lights" said to your echo will direct the Almond 3 to turn on the front lights (as you designate in the echo app).

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.