Choose style:

Author Topic: Setting Up External HardDrive  (Read 4364 times)

Offline sav-zact

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Setting Up External HardDrive
« on: February 18, 2018, 11:52:16 am »
I have connected my external Seagate and enabled the Web Admin on my Almond 3. I have tried using https://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Network_storage_-_Almond%2B_2014 to set up/be able to access my external remotely and have failed miserably. This website is obviously outdated. I have logged into my web UI and clicked Enabled under FTP settings. I've tried adding a network location - using \\10.10.10\254 but I do not know the share folder to add. The only thing displayed on my web UI under FTP settings is the FTP Server Name - which I have tried as the "share" folder after the \\10.10.10\254\ . I've also tried using FileZilla with no success.

Can someone please explain exactly what I need to do to be able to remotely access my external hard drive?

Thank you!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Setting Up External HardDrive
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 07:55:01 am »
@ sav-zact,

I have connected my external Seagate and enabled the Web Admin on my Almond 3. I have tried using https://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Network_storage_-_Almond%2B_2014 to set up/be able to access my external remotely and have failed miserably. This website is obviously outdated. I have logged into my web UI and clicked Enabled under FTP settings. I've tried adding a network location - using \\10.10.10\254 but I do not know the share folder to add. The only thing displayed on my web UI under FTP settings is the FTP Server Name - which I have tried as the "share" folder after the \\10.10.10\254\ . I've also tried using FileZilla with no success.

Can someone please explain exactly what I need to do to be able to remotely access my external hard drive?

Thank you!

How is the hard drive connected to the Almond 3 using USB or Ethernet connection?

Offline sav-zact

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 08:46:00 pm »
USB

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:37:42 am »
@ sav-zact,

USB drive access is available only from the location connection not through outside network.

Offline IvanFHagar

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:40:31 pm »
@ sav-zact,

USB drive access is available only from the location connection not through outside network.
even for the FTP daemon? no way to make it available outside the local network?

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.