Choose style:

Author Topic: Under Cabinet Lighting  (Read 2984 times)

Offline scroder

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Under Cabinet Lighting
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:11:21 am »
Hi, my wife and I are doing a partial kitchen remodel and want to add some under cabinet lighting. We would hide the power behind the fridge and run it through the cabinet gap and start mounting underneath. I have one issue in that I have about a 10 foot gap where a widow is in between cabinets that I would need to hide and extension wire behind the drywall. Would this sylvania kit allow me to use an almond click to turn in on/off https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-ZigBee-Starter-SmartThings-Assistant/dp/B00R1PB80I?th=1? Anyone have experience with it or some other type of under cabinet lighting?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Under Cabinet Lighting
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:55:10 am »
Do you have an Almond? Also you can not install a standard extension behind a wall. It's against code and hazardous. You can find low voltage led extensions that can be run behind walls but that will require you to cut through each stud to go from side to side. That is a ton of work. I would install a standard power outlet on the remote side of the cabinets and put a second set of lights there. If you use smart lights or switches, your choice, you can make them all turn on when one is switched on and Visa versa

Offline scroder

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:29:40 pm »
We've figured out a way to run them hidden, but I would like to know if anyone has bought these and paired with the Almond+ and if it works fine through the app?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 07:32:52 pm »
I have this exact kit. On/Off work just fine as does brightness. Once you set it to a color though, it can be tough to get it back to the exactly "warm white" it defaults to but changing to other colors is easy.

To be honest, for under-cabinet lighting it is a bit overkill because you may not need the RGB. If you do not plan on doing other colors I would recommend getting a Warm White LED strip (unless you really like the cool white ones), power supply, and then a simple Zigbee on/off outlet for the power supply. A Securifi Peanut Plug works great for this.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck