Choose style:

Author Topic: Gocontrol garage opener and 4in1 sensor ...  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Gocontrol garage opener and 4in1 sensor ...
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:31:10 am »
So recently got the gocontrol garage opener and was trying to add it to my list of security devices to monitor when armed. It appears as if this isn’t a security device? I would like the siren to sound if the door is opened when armed.  Also noticed that my monoprice 4in1 multisensor is also unable to be used as a security device? Shouldn’t the motion part be able to be used under the security section? I’m assuming other motion devices are able to be used as security devices. I only have 2 4in1 sensors and 1 is only added at the moment. Anyway curious on having these added as security devices? And or am I missing something here when trying to add them? Thanks 

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Gocontrol garage opener and 4in1 sensor ...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:23:53 am »
Good question. Seems logical as well. Does the Gocontrol work well?

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:40:30 am »
So far. But I have only had it connected for a day hahaha. A lot of reviews via amanon say it don’t last much longer than a year or right after the warranty expires. Wanted something for the garage bc the kids are in and out of it  durning the summer and would like it closed as much as possible bc I have a lot of tools and what not out there. Nortec / linear is the only z wave one out there sadly .Emailed Aeon labs about there garage controller they have in Europe but they said they couldn’t release it here bc of patents and what not. Def think it should be part of the security device list bc it’s an entrance into your home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 08:29:30 am »
That definitely makes sense. I didn't realize they never released the Aeon Labs one in the US. That is frustrating that would be my device of choice, I trust their brand, SO long as it is something that works with Almond devices.... I think they had pushed a few of them out in the US then they stopped, I assumed at the time it was a supply or production issue, now I think it must've been a cease and desist for the patent issue. In some cases patents do their jobs, in others they simply hinder innovation, I don't know which it was in this case.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.