bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: HomeSeer HS-WD200+ Dimmer Switch Partially Works  (Read 2720 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
HomeSeer HS-WD200+ Dimmer Switch Partially Works
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:48:44 pm »
Brand: HomeSeer
Model Name: HomeSeer HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Plus Scene Capable RGB Wall Dimmer
Model Number: HS-WD200+
What unit was it tested with: Almond 3
Protocol: Z-Wave Plus (908.42Mhz frequency)
What functions work / don't work: Dimmer switch functions work but not multi-tap or status LED control
What Batteries / Power Supply: Wired
Purchase Location: Amazon
Price Paid: $55
Notes, Comments or Limitations:
Added the device as an "Other" when the type of device option was presented (Multilevelswitch was also on the list).
The dimming function works fine and since this is the primary function most people would buy it, that is good. But NO other functions are available.
However, another big piece of this switch is the 7 status LEDs, each of which are RGB and individually controllable. The LEDs should be controllable via parameter setting however none of them responded to the appropriate commands from the Almond (parameter commands have always been iffy in my experience).
This switch is also capable of receiving multiple taps (up to 5) to trigger different things. This would all be... excellent... if these additional features were supported by Securifi's HA. The one of most interest to me would be the LEDs of course. Per the example that HomeSeer provides, it shows how they envisioned people using those LEDs and I have to agree that is exactly what I want.
In case it helps Securifi I sent logs from my Almond after adding and attempting to set parameters. I also checked the Rules but the only option available is to set the level of dimming (unsurprisingly).
Photo of item attached: Yes, from company website.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.