Choose style:

Author Topic: Duplicate smart devices in Alexa app  (Read 3946 times)

Offline AnthonyB

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Duplicate smart devices in Alexa app
« on: April 27, 2018, 11:13:02 pm »
I have a network with 3 Almond 3 routers and multiple Philips Hue lights connected to a Hue bridge and several Amazon echo devices. When I look at the Alexa app smart home devices list most of my lights show up twice(some even three times). This seems to cause problems with Alexa thinking “multiple devices share that name” when using voice commands for some lights. It also makes it difficult to set up “routines” now available with Echo devices.

I’m thinking from what I’ve seen that the duplicates are due to the Alexa app discovering the same devices from the Hue bridge and also from the Almond router device list. Each duplicated device shows once with a light bulb icon in the Alexa app list and the other has an icon that is a pentagon with lines inside(like a wifi signal icon).

Anyone else have this issue? Or know how to fix it so that devices are only found once by Alexa?

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Duplicate smart devices in Alexa app
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 07:28:04 am »
I have the same thing you have going on, have 4 echo dots, and multiple hue bulbs. Sounds like u prefer using the Alexa app over the almond? I don’t care for the Alexa app myself, i also have a lot of other smart devices I keep after, doors, locks and what not, so I use the almond app.... Answering your question though, my living room lamp is in the Alexa app 4 times. Twice as a bulb and twice as the WiFi symbol thingy (haha). The bulbs are for the hue bridge it seems and wifi thingies the almond. It looks as if you can delete or disable one or the other if u click on edit. There it also shows what it’s connected to, Philips hue or  unknown is the almond, description says it is. I have tried disabling some to try to show the correct status in the almond app to no avail. When telling Alexa to turn it on and off it instantly shows in the hue and Alexa app but not the almond app? Anyway since you are using the Alexa app just disable the almond ones I would suppose that would clean up some of your mess in the app. It moves them to the bottom and in a disabled list, that u can enable if need be. This may help her. I get the crap about her seeing multiple devices, and which one do I want often. I just think it’s me when I’m talking though. Idk haha

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Duplicate smart devices in Alexa app
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:46:57 am »
The Alexa ecosystem does a terrible job of clearing the cache of smart devices. Basically once it is there, it is there, early on you could delete extras and such but not anymore unfortunately.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck