bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Range extender or Client mode  (Read 3712 times)

Offline thucar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Range extender or Client mode
« on: May 26, 2018, 01:14:44 am »
Hi all.
When I first got the Almond, I set it up in Range Extender configuration and it was working perfectly. At one point the Almond started creating network issues. Devices would connect to it, but not have Internet access. Since I used the same SSID on Almond as my main WiFi, then the emergency fix was to just disable 2.4G wireless from OpenWRT. After that, the router got unplugged a few days later and has been sitting there, for almost a year now.

Today I plugged it back in and enabled wireless to find the same situation as last time - wireless network is created, clients can connect, but no internet connection. I saw an update was available, so I installed that. I then turned off repeater mode and reactivated it. Now after finding my main WiFi and asking for the key, it tells me "Almond is not connected to your router"

I read quite a few reviews mentioning the repeater function working at first, then stopping. Is that a known issue of some sort? If it is, is it hardware related?

I basically need the Almond to work as a wireless client. The repeater part would be a bonus but not essential. However, I have not managed to find a way to do client mode without activating repeater.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck