bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: New to zwave and confused on setup  (Read 2799 times)

Offline drocfrosh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New to zwave and confused on setup
« on: June 18, 2018, 09:40:37 pm »
I bought an Aeotec stick gen 5 per securifis recommendation as the securifi dongle is out of stock. I also bought the kwikset 914 deadbolt. I spent about 30 mins trying to link tonight and failed. Before I dismantle and try again another day I'd like to know what I did wrong. When I thought everything was linked the door would not let me program codes so I think I may have been close.

My questions
1) I plug in the USB into the almond 3 and the USB lights up. I see zwave USB when I am under add device. After the lock and USB are linked how do I access the lock as a device?

2) When I think they linked, is there a way to check? I did not see an update on the almond screen or my almond app

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: New to zwave and confused on setup
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:37 am »
@ drocfrosh,

We would surely get a confirmation, whenever, any sensor is added and that can be found under "Connected Sensors". If the sensor is not being added then please do the removal process once.

--> Tap on Add Sensor--> Remove (Single remove only)

--> Follow the removal process on the Door lock.

If everything goes well, we should receive the message "Unknown sensor removed" only then, we can add it back and then proceed with the user codes via LCD UI.

Offline drocfrosh

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: New to zwave and confused on setup
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:28:19 pm »
Solved for anyone that uses this dongle. The dongle instructions say to link without USB connection. Thanks to the help on securifi, the dongle MUST be attached to the almond. Worked first try. My door now unlocks  when I'm back on wifi and locks when I'm off.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.