bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: (Name) has been breached  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Evan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
(Name) has been breached
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:16:09 pm »
We have two A3s setup in a mesh network that we use for wifi and smart devices. We do not use it as an alarm and do not have door sensors or anything.

Back when armed/disarmed was away/home, I had setup rules so that the system would detect when we were home and away based on cell phone connection. We haven’t removed those rules since the switch to armed/disarmed, so our system still switches automatically.

Well, we’re on vacation now and I received an alert that my Nest products were offline, so I opened my Almond app to see if it was just Nest or everything. Upon doing so, I saw a message that says “Alarm! Calling monitoring station” and an event of “[Name] has been breached.” with a time that coincides with when the Nests went offline. See attached.

I have no idea what is going on. Any insight? This is kind of frustrating to happen while we’re away.

Thanks.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: (Name) has been breached
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:15:47 am »
@ Evan,

Please be assured, you would receive the breach message, even when you lose the internet connection from the modem itself and this is exactly what happened in your scenario. We are working on improving the support to provide a detailed message.

On the other hand, please ignore "Alarm! Calling monitoring station" message and let us know what is the app version you are using?

Offline Evan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 01:29:07 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I'm using version 3.5.9 of the app.

Part of the problem that I neglected to mention is that I was unable to do anything in the app after getting the alert (it wouldn't connect via cloud), but, after some more attempts over the next couple days, I was able to connect. I then rebooted the A3 remotely, and my Nest products came back after that.

When I returned from vacation, I found clocks flashing, so I must have lost power briefly, triggering the events that lead to the problem (I assume).

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 08:29:21 am »
@ Evan,

Yes, it is possible and rest be assured, our Cloud server has been updated with the proper strings to let the users know about what exactly is the reason for tampering or breach. Thank you!

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.