Choose style:

Author Topic: Low value invoice?  (Read 5891 times)

Offline ZackG

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Low value invoice?
« on: February 17, 2014, 05:16:48 pm »
Hi,
I recently received the survey question for shipping the A+.  What exactly is the "Low Value Invoice" question?  Is this relevant for a device shipped to the US? 

Thanks,
 - Zack 

LGNilsson

Re: Low value invoice?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:34:40 am »
No, not really, it's just if you want us to put a lower value on the invoice than what you pledged.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 10:58:09 am »
I know this is fairly common practice, especially for projects with highly variable value and small groups in Kickstarter, but it strikes me as a touch questionable that Securifi is offering it blatantly. It seems like an open attempt at bypassing a country's customs and taxation. What if one of these countries has savvy people that recognize this and start questioning all Securifi items as a result?
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:01 pm »
Well, it's something that we've been requested to do by many of our backers and you don't have to put a value, we'll simply put $99 on the package and be done with it.
If you put $10, then we're not going to put that, as it's too low value for what we're sending.
We're simply giving the option, but we've reserved the right not to put the supplied value on the package if it's too low.
We don't want to get anyone in trouble, but likewise, as so many backers have asked for this, we simply couldn't ignore it.

Offline André

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 07:03:58 am »
I  It seems like an open attempt at bypassing a country's customs and taxation.

I beg to differ. I pledged 500 USD for the beta level.
I dont now about you, but let´s just assume you´pledged on a basic level for like 50 USD.
Now if those values would be out on an invoice when we receive our final Almond+, you´d have to pay about nothing for tax&customs, while I´ll be paying about 100 USD extra. Still we receive the same stuff. Does that sound fair to you?

Aftert all, a fair share of my 500 bucks goes to supporting the development, and is not reflected in the final retail value of the finished units. So how would go on calculating that with regards to tax&customs?

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck