Choose style:

Author Topic: Turning off the 5ghz WiFi?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Turning off the 5ghz WiFi?
« on: August 01, 2018, 07:50:36 pm »
Tried to connect a Wyze pan cam today to no luck. It runs on the 2.4, and have the bandsteering on. And I tried to disable the 5gz channel but get promompted in the app that I can’t because of the slave units! So how is one to disable either of the channels?

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Turning off the 5ghz WiFi?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:37:37 pm »
Do you really need to turn off 5Ghz? You can have different SSID's.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 12:21:25 am »
This is true but why give the option of shutting them off if you can’t because you have slave units! Kind of a a hassle to change everything to get it to connect then re do everything you know what I mean? Idk why this one is giving me issues, my 2 v2 cams connected just fine. ... But I may resort to your option, and or it may be the camera itself.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:18:34 am »
I took the camera to work and it joined he WiFi there first try. So I brought it home and separated the 2.4 and 5ghz and renamed the 5ghz. Still didn’t work. I ended up changing the passwords and still nothing. Then like on the 20th try it told me “no local connection” as It always did as I was turning away followed by an immediate “setup complete”. I have no idea why but the bunny thing didn’t like the almond for the life of it but needless to say I got it connected finally. Had to change everything back and then redo all the passwords for everything 🤦🏼‍♂️ Def a pain in the bunny!

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck