bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Unable to pair  (Read 8001 times)

Offline merle

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Unable to pair
« on: September 15, 2018, 02:54:02 pm »
I have a new 3s and a Almond 3 and have been unsuccessful at pairing.  I have reset both router several times and nothing.  I have them connected just like it sayd to on the on-screen instructions and still not detecting the second from the main.  I am about to throw them both out as I have had the same issue with pairing the two Almond 3's that I have i the past. 

Has anyone else been able to make this work?

Offline Gimlet

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Unable to pair
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 03:01:19 pm »
My 3s paired to my 3s beta unit first try, no problem and very simple.
Only problems I had was connecting the beta to my isp, it was set up as a secondary router before.

Offline merle

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:05:19 pm »
are you using the 192.168.x.x scheme, or something different?

Offline Gimlet

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:04:55 am »
Couldn't get 192.168 to work well with the 3s as primary Router,  it was on 192.168 when it was set up as a secondary, but it seemed to want to use 10.10.x.x so we let it and everything just worked from there.

Offline merle

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 08:52:58 am »
I am also, and have always been, using 10.10.10.x.  Still getting the "No almonds Found. Please bring the Almond closer or reboot and try again" error from the app on my phone.  Not sure what the distance has to do with it if it is wired, but it is only 6 inches away from it.  Really frustrating.

Offline Gimlet

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:42 am »
My two almonds are also wired but I set them up next to each other on the desk before moving one to the far end of the house.

Offline vikas jilla

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:24 am »
@merle

Sorry for the problems you are facing. We haven't seen such issue in the past especially when the secondary Almond is wired.

Can you please make sure that the Almond you are trying to pair is directly connected to main Almond and also, that the cable you are using is a good one.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 08:02:40 am »
I would try it with a different cable, as a test (it can be right next to it for the test) and I would try it wirelessly. I had no issues setting up my Almond 3S with multiple Almond 3 devices and with making changes or moving them around. I haven't set one up wired yet however. I would reset the Almond 3S to start and once that is set up, has a connection and is working I would reset the Almond 3 device. Once it is reset just let it do it's thing, there is no need to manually do anything on the Almond 3 and just do the setup from the Almond 3S LCD screen.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 08:40:35 am »
I have a mix of Almond 3 and Almond 3S devices all connected via wire.
In case it helps, my wired layout is:
Cable Modem to primary Almond 3S to network switch to secondary Almond 3 devices (and most everything else).

I can provide more details if needed. One thing you could try is to directly connect the secondary to the primary using an Ethernet cable. Then once they are connected, move it to where it needs to be (if it will still be wired). I would also check the status LEDs on the network jacks just to make sure all the connections are good.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 01:47:25 pm »
Glad you mentioned that @fillibar I meant to mention making sure there are no switches in between. I plan to do the same once I have everything set up (still waiting on the production 3S's to be delivered) so that everything is connected through just one switch.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.