bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor  (Read 9353 times)

Offline mjs

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:40:03 pm »
Hello! I've been using a Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor with an earlier firmware and it recognized it as a multi-purpose sensor (open/close, tamper, temp, etc.) and shows a door icon for the device, alerts work... all was good, even after the firmware update. I just went to add three more of the exact same sensors, and I am not sure if it is related to the R108 update, but they are not detected as multi-purpose. Just gives me four options: "Warning Device", "KeyFob", (blank) (not sure why it is blank, it says nothing) and "others". They do not pair as a multipurpose sensor. I've tried all four options. The name it gives it is StandardCIE #x (where x keeps incrementing as I keep trying to unpair and re-pair.) The icon displays an On/Off switch, which is obviously not correct, it is a door sensor. I tried a couple of times to add it as a Securifi device as well through the iPhone app, but it fails. How can I add my other three multipurpose sensors so they show up as multipurpose? They are all identical, Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensors, and I've tried through the iPhone App (connected locally) and directly from the Almond 2015's screen. I do not get tamper, temp, etc., like I do on the first one. Strange. Thanks in advance! :) 

Offline mjs

Re: Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:54:39 pm »
As a follow-up to this post... When I connect to the Almond 2015 via the web app locally, they are all listed as Unsupported Device! Not sure if that helps or not. :)

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:00:25 am »
I have this issue as well with my Almond3. It comes up as you mentioned and acts as a binary switch basically. I too have tried to remove and re add it w no luck. So idk if it's like newer or older model that is supported or what!?

Offline mjs

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:57:53 am »
Okay, after some extensive investigation here is what I discovered. Samsung has two SmartThings Multipurpose Sensors. They both do the exact same thing, packages are almost identical (one has a darker gray background on the front.) One is UPC #856418004174 (the first generation, the one that works like it should) and #856418004457, the second generation that shows up as a simple binary switch, not a door sensor. The last three digits of the UPC determine which one is which.  I believe this is the issue, but have not tried swapping them around to see if it is related to R108. However, after going through the logs (via the device's Recent Activity) it appears that both generations report temperature and  open/close. Unfortunately, because the second generation shows up as a simple binary switch, these values are not displayed next to the sensor in the app and the open/close report as on/off with a switch icon, not a door icon (including in the logs.) It seems to me that this is just a simple change on Securifi's end so that it recognizes the second generation as a door/temp sensor and not a binary switch. Will Securifi eventually support the second generation sensor? I have two of the old and six of the new. I can send pictures, logs, or whatever else is needed to help resolve this issue. Just please let me know. If anyone else is having this issue besides me and Kinggovernator, please review this post to see what sensor you have and also post in this forum. I'm hoping the already overly-busy Securifi team will work on supporting this device, especially since it appears it will work once it is recognized as a door/temp sensor (again, the values in the logs show it can communicate those states.) Thanks, and I hope this helps.  :) 

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 05:46:46 pm »
@mjs
        I can confirm I have the second one u listed #856418004457. Securifi needs to add support apparently.

Offline mjs

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 07:04:58 am »
Any update on this issue? If not, is there a CLI command that I can run to change the device type to multi-purpose sensor? It would be nice to have these sensors supported.  Thanks!

Offline mjs

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 05:27:42 pm »
Okay, after some extensive investigation here is what I discovered. Samsung has two SmartThings Multipurpose Sensors. They both do the exact same thing, packages are almost identical (one has a darker gray background on the front.) One is UPC #856418004174 (the first generation, the one that works like it should) and #856418004457, the second generation that shows up as a simple binary switch, not a door sensor. The last three digits of the UPC determine which one is which.  I believe this is the issue, but have not tried swapping them around to see if it is related to R108. However, after going through the logs (via the device's Recent Activity) it appears that both generations report temperature and  open/close. Unfortunately, because the second generation shows up as a simple binary switch, these values are not displayed next to the sensor in the app and the open/close report as on/off with a switch icon, not a door icon (including in the logs.) It seems to me that this is just a simple change on Securifi's end so that it recognizes the second generation as a door/temp sensor and not a binary switch. Will Securifi eventually support the second generation sensor? I have two of the old and six of the new. I can send pictures, logs, or whatever else is needed to help resolve this issue. Just please let me know. If anyone else is having this issue besides me and Kinggovernator, please review this post to see what sensor you have and also post in this forum. I'm hoping the already overly-busy Securifi team will work on supporting this device, especially since it appears it will work once it is recognized as a door/temp sensor (again, the values in the logs show it can communicate those states.) Thanks, and I hope this helps.  :)

Any update on this? I really would like the features that are supported for a door switch, not a binary switch. They are the same model numbers and are supposed to be equivalent. It just won’t recognize it as a door switch like the first version does. Thanks!

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 12:07:36 pm »
Have you tried adding it latley? I still have mine around here somewhere, I removed it from my system long ago. .... I just bought them smartthings button, it adds as a generic device. Looks like a temperature sensor in the app. That’s all it’s good for currently. I’m gonna send in logs for it, and I’ll do the same for the multipurpose sensor and hopefully they can add support soon. ... one would think new firmware would be coming considering it’s been a very long time now.

Offline mjs

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 02:31:27 pm »
Thanks for your update. I will try again and post an update. I wouldn’t think it would be that difficult since it only needs to be recognized as a multipurpose sensor like the first version of the model. I’ve hunted for those but it appears the only ones available are the new ones. I have six of those that just say on/off. Can’t set rules for temp if it’s a binary switch. Funny that it reports it though.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck