Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond 3S skipping smart device rules occasionally  (Read 6895 times)

Offline pdxsk8r

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond 3S skipping smart device rules occasionally
« on: October 28, 2018, 09:39:50 pm »
Has anyone else noticed their 3S seeming to randomly skip rules?  Currently I have 11 rules that turn on or off smart devices and I've noticed they don't always execute.  This happens to both Zigbee and Z-wave devices (I use the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 for Z-wave).

For example, I have a lamp hooked up to a Peanut Plug.  It is a simple rule that turns it on 15 minutes before sunset.  Most nights it turns on but a couple times it hasn't turned on and it isn't listed in the activity log.

I have another rule that turns on a Z-wave outlet every day at 5:55pm and off at 10:30PM.  A few nights ago it didn't turn off and tonight it didn't turn on.  The log file shows it working most of the time but missing those couple times.

My first guess would be some sort of radio interference, but this has happened to a variety of Zigbee and Z-wave devices which operate at different frequencies around the house.  Is there a log that shows if the Almond attempted to send a smart device command but failed?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
Re: Almond 3S skipping smart device rules occasionally
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:01:33 pm »
Not sure about the log, maybe Ashok can answer that. I have seen similar things in the past when dealing with Christmas (lots of different devices getting turned on/off in a short time), usually devices that were a decent distance away. Adding something as a repeater helped but I usually forget so I just made a second "repeat" of the rule that worked a couple minutes later.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:53:15 am »
I agree with Fillibar. The only time I have seen this is if the device is a bit out of range and it lost connection. Haven't had that on Almond 3S though. For a while some people had issues with their rules being set for a specific time but the time on their Almond was incorrect.

Offline cmorris035

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:17 am »
This same exact thing started happening to me a few weeks back.
I have an Almond+, and a couple of peanuts I use as my morning wake up routine / alarm (few house lights turning on, TV turning on to act as my alarm clock). I have had this same routine with the same peanuts working flawlessly for a few years now. Then, all of a sudden a few days out of the week nothing wakes up in the morning (including myself). Oops. I’ve check my router logs and the times are normal, just the rule didn’t engage?

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:50 am »
Very strange. I would probably delete the rule and remake it (which can certainly be a pain) and see if that is still the case.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck