bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: OnHub + Securifi Almond As an Extender  (Read 4144 times)

Offline ronnysharma

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
OnHub + Securifi Almond As an Extender
« on: October 29, 2018, 09:26:55 am »
So, I have a really cool wall with so much power cables going through that it completely wipes my WiFi signal.

I have been using a router and an extender to go around it, but given my poor connection and advertised management and improvement possibilities, I bought the Asus OnHub to make the most of the bad connection.Rufus MapQuest UpToDate

I am trying to use the OnHub as the main router and use the Almond as the extender. First time, it connected fine, but after a while, connection between them was lost.

While trying to rebuild the setup, the Almond found the Asus OnHub, and then lost it during setup, to find it again a few seconds later. Setup worked again, for some hours, then the connection was lost again.

I had no issues using the Cisco E900 paired with it.

Did anyone have similiar issues with the OnHub? Is it switching frequencies/channels and messing up the Almond? Any suggestions to settle this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 02:13:59 pm by ronnysharma »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: OnHub + Securifi Almond As an Extender
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:59:58 am »
Is it possible to run an ethernet cable from the router to the Almond? If not what about a powerline adapter like one of these https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=powerline+adapter?

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.