Choose style:

Author Topic: Still no feature to check/notify which IoT devices are offline or disconnected??  (Read 4377 times)

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hi Guys

Still no feature on the web gui to easily tell which smart device is offline or disconnected?

I've not tinkered with my A+ router in a while because i just found it to be so lacking.  Last time i left my sensors enrolled but removed/not used most of em anymore (mostly smart plugs and door sensors)
What i have here are just 4  devices (3 plugs and 1 motion sensor)

So now came back and this is what i see

im already feeling disappointed. There's no easy way to tell which ones are actually still live or not.

and to add, worst part is some devices are still showing statuses as if they are still linked or live. No indication of time outs etc. SO MISLEADING!
here are devices that have been removed from the premises last year and yet they are still showing statuses!

Came back to it today and dismayed to see there are no FW updates since AP2-903 which i have installed last time i gave this Router a try.

I know when i bought this router i was forgiving for it being so lacky, and hopeful with all the promises of consistent improvements and such. But truly, sincerely, it feels that dev efforts for making almond+ a better smart home hub has come to a halt. I hope it aint so.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:15:34 am by BrownChiLD »

Offline mparadis

• Backer
I think they show offline if that is the case BUT that could just be the newer Almond 3 / 3S to be honest I don't remember. I wouldn't expect any updates to the Almond+ at this point. I think it is like 4 years or so removed from its release. I have started to migrate all my stuff to the Almond 3S and Almond 3 ecosystem. It is much better for WiFi with the mesh setup and the smart home stuff has been updated more than the Almond+.

Offline BrownChiLD

• Chestnut
I think they show offline if that is the case BUT that could just be the newer Almond 3 / 3S to be honest I don't remember. I wouldn't expect any updates to the Almond+ at this point. I think it is like 4 years or so removed from its release. I have started to migrate all my stuff to the Almond 3S and Almond 3 ecosystem. It is much better for WiFi with the mesh setup and the smart home stuff has been updated more than the Almond+.

Yeh but the thing is over the course of all those years they didnt deliver much updates! And left hanging lots of issues and limitations. that's my problem! I was a customer from day 1 and have used, recommended, and deployed over 10 Almond+ all for friends family and clients, all in the hopes that these devices will receive updates and improvements regularly.

About the 3S
- would be nice but at the price it's coming in at, might as well get a more powerful smarthome hub. i mean i do understand it comes with other features like internet security and stuff but, honestly, most of us would rather use a different solution for that. I hate it when companies make ALL IN ONE , BE-ALL product, i think Securifi is trying too hard to be that, competing with other routers with the edge of having HA built in. I've used over 5 Almonds + and on all deployments I dont even use the router part at all. I just really needed their Zigbee/zwave hub with local intelligence (Not cloud dependent)

- which leads me to 3S, Securifi decided to go the Zigbee route primarily which sucks. Z-wave is a far superior product that in my experience has more stability and interoperability. But i do understand this decision though since the market is flooded with more zigbee specially crap coming from China so they want to primarily support that market. So i guess i dont have a problem with this , at least they offered Zwave extend-ability

Anyway ill try to make do with my A+ and if this gets too sad, i might have to switch to Vera or something else. I mean, if I will have to use a USB ZWAVE stick, i might as well stick that in a cheap old laptop and run a better more flexible HA management server on it! 

:(

But im still wishing/hoping A+ will get some love from the devs.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 16 queries.