bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Soliom solar outdoor camera review  (Read 2681 times)

Offline brown samuel

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Soliom solar outdoor camera review
« on: March 11, 2019, 03:09:08 am »
I was looking for a battery-powered camera for back door that was impossible to use with a wired device. I found this solar outdoor camera from [https://soliom.net/]soliom [https://soliom.net/] . Setup is easy and I love the complete wire free feature. It can recharge itself through its solar panel. Powered this camera entirely on solar is such a huge benefit. Running entirely on solar, this camera will keep on recording even if your power is cut off. The cameras have a pretty good image quality. You can view the live camera feed via your phone while you are away from home. The cloud storage ONLY can save 20 files for free, So you need a extra sd card.

Soliom Solar Outdoor Camera Unboxing pic:

Package Includes:
1 x Soliom Bird camera
1 x Bracket
3 x Expansion Screws for bracket
2 x Additional Machine Screws
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Reset Pin
1 x Additional Silica gel cover
1 x USB Cable
1 x Day and Night Warning Sticker
1 x User Manual

Soliom Solar Outdoor Camera Unboxing Video:

Soliom App

It is Ok quality of live feed, and good quality of recorded clips. one feature i wish this had is ftp support or an easy way to scrape the photos/videos from the camera.

Here are some of Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- True wirefree.
- Easy setup.
- Solar powered.
- No monthly subscription fee.
- Nice looking design.

Cons:
- No motion sensing zone setup. Anything moves anywhere in the field of view will set off recording and alert.
- There is a delay in the initial motion sensing until the camera starts recording.
- It only support 2.4GHz wifi.
- Not support alexa.
- No web interface to access from computer, monitor only from Android or Apple app.

All in all I'm really happy with this truly wireless system. I expect a rainy day to test out the weatherproof function. It is said that SolioWeatherproof is IP66 weatherproof. and I will update some photos or videos later.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck