Choose style:

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of or have experience with the Securifi router, Almond (or Almo  (Read 8109 times)

Offline Tonnystark

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Someone mentioned this brand to me and said I should look into their routers becuase they have zigbee and zwave radios.

I was skeptical because while that sounds great to get everything on movies download movies at forum the network, it doesnt give you a platform by which to control them all and get them to talk to each other well.

Sure enough, says that they control is limited and you cant really automate them based on any parameters.

Was wondering if anyone here has any experience or thoughts about it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 12:01:23 am by Tonnystark »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have been using them for quite some time (the original Almond+ Kickstarter) with a generally good experience. The ability to have network devices be recognized as presence sensors (especially a smartphone) for when you come home or leave is probably one of the most valuable things to me. ZigBee and Z-Wave devices integrate fairly well, most basic ones work just fine. It would be nice if it could also integrate WiFi controlled outlets and such but it is what it is. The newest Almond 3S model includes battery and 4G backup. The battery is handy but 4G is not as useful to me as I have trouble justifying the cost of yet another data account (US carriers are overpriced trash).

Securifi's support team seems to be pretty reliable and speedy, so that is a plus.

Parameter control of ZigBee and Z-Wave devices is lacking (you CAN set some, but none of it can be automated at this time). The support they have for regular control via Rules and Scenes is pretty decent though, and fairly easy to configure via their App.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck