bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Light switch with scene control that works fully  (Read 3387 times)

Offline MusicMonkey5555

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Light switch with scene control that works fully
« on: January 26, 2019, 08:46:07 pm »
I've looked through the forums a good deal and can't seem to find a zwave light switch with scene control where the scene control works with the almond+. Lots of people in the smart things group love the homeseer, but the forums seem to say scene support doesn't work on the almond+. I have loved the inovelli products (when in stock), but didn't get the scene one yet https://inovelli.com/shop/smart-light-switches/z-wave-dimmer-switch-scenes-repeater/.
Would love one with an actual button, but anything that works. Key is when someone not technical inclined is here and wants to use it
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:18:34 pm by MusicMonkey5555 »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Light switch with scene control that works fully
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »
Almonds can perform their own scenes, but unless something has changed recently, they do not support secondary controllers. That is what devices that run OTHER scenes are, they send a command to a bunch of other devices telling them to do something, via the controller.

I have had good luck with Inovelli devices so far (I have indoor and outdoor dual outlets and a dimmer light switch). But scene functions need the controller to work... and those do not work in this case. A switch can easily be MONITORED by the Almond and then a Rule used to control other devices. That could replicate the function of a scene control, but it is not the same exact thing.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline MusicMonkey5555

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:04:26 am »
I didn't even think about setting up the scene rule although that would require the switch that has mutple taps or buttons to register as different devices. Do you know if the inovelli or others that do? I'm guessing based on what you said that's not really what they do with the other taps.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:23 pm »
No, but if you have a dimming module (that is not being used for dimming lights, or you do not care if it dims lights) you can use the Rule to check what level of dimming the switch is set for. Then use that to control different scenes (>75% does this, >25% <75% does this, <25% does that). That is one workaround.

I put in a dimmer switch for a spot we do not presently need a light (it is above an aquarium, but we put a fixture spot there in case things change). When I need it as a workaround, there it is. I have also used other plug in switches or such to act as booleans. You can get creative if you have extra hardware. No software method at this time though.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.