Choose style:

Author Topic: Incorrect Sunrise and Sunset Times  (Read 5009 times)

Offline rouz42

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Incorrect Sunrise and Sunset Times
« on: March 31, 2019, 04:21:36 pm »
The sunrise and sunset triggers are very wrong. They consistently trigger at the same time every day (550a and 6p) without taking in to account the actual times of each specific day. I have re-written the rules and without any change. The weather app on the Almond+ shows the correct location. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:26:16 pm by rouz42 »

Offline Mortifer

• Backer
Re: Incorrect Sunrise and Sunset Times
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 06:19:58 pm »
I have problems with Sunset times too.  I have some external lights configured to turn on at sunset (7:23p today), but the lights were on at 4:30.  I've had these automations working great for years, yet they stopped working properly over the last few months. 

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 06:25:55 pm »
Yup, the times were working correctly until the end of 2018. Ive emailed Securifi about this.

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 08:18:31 pm »
So I’m sure the sunset / sunrise rules are tied to the weather part of the almond. The people securifi was getting the weather data from stopped providing that at the end of 2018. They supposedly gave securifi very little notice and the weather part has been dead since the beginning of 2019. Securifi said they were trying to figure something out then to get it going again, but haven’t heard anything on that subject or on any subjects really for that matter!? There is a thread here in the forum about that, I couldn’t find it though. Hope that may help some of you..... well I found this

https://www.securifi.com/weather-issues
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 08:48:30 am by Kinggovernator »

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 05:20:30 pm »
Sunrise and Sunset are in the weather set within Rules, so it seems to me like this would be the cause of this problem. From your description (always the same time) it seems like they retained the last time they had received via the weather service, but can no longer get new data.

A LOT of different companies have struggled now that a major weather provider discontinued the weather API lots of people were using. Have to love it when a big company buys someone then starts making changes that hurt all the little guys. But do not forget, the same data is still available for companies at new $X rate...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 02:09:02 am »
@ All,

Our servers have been replaced now and everything should be working just fine. Please check and let us know the status. Thank you!

Offline Kinggovernator

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:08:33 pm »
Glad to see these are up again. Though I’m not so sure it’s correct? My almond is showing my town correctly  but yet as of right now it says it’s 72 degrees out and clear with a pic of a sun. It’s 10pm and 44 degrees outside, and windy, 20mph. And the high today was in the low 50’s. Now tomorrow it’s suppose to be sunny and in the 70’s. ? Thanks

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 08:02:02 pm »
@ All,

Our servers have been replaced now and everything should be working just fine. Please check and let us know the status. Thank you!

I reset the rules (to use sunrise and sunset) and rebooted the Almond and can confirm that it is NOT working correctly.

Offline AcidLotus

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 01:49:37 am »
@ All,

No, not working correctly yet. Sometime probably around April 7th, I noticed the lights were coming on 15 minutes before sunset again, like they were before Dec. 31st. For the past 2 or 3 days, they haven't been coming on at all before sunset like they are supposed to - Instead they turn on at a set time in the morning and now don't turn off 15 minutes after sunrise like they're supposed to. No changes were made to the schedules at all.

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 05:55:35 pm »
@ All,

Hey Ashok, any update on this as it appears the replacement is not working? I tested again last night and its still not working.

Offline AcidLotus

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 12:34:42 am »
@Ashok - I even created new rules for sunlight and sundown. While it appears that the rules will be saved, what really happens is the app sits there for a while, then pops back to the rules page. When I select the rule I just created, there are no sunlight or sundown widgets that I had just put in and tried to save.

I've also recently noticed on several occasions that on several rules that are off are somehow manipulating devices on, or rules that are on are not working. Thus bulbs are on far longer than anticipated, or not turning on when they are supposed to.

It used to work great! It would be awesome to get it back to that point!

Offline rouz42

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 09:01:38 pm »
@ashok I tried it out again tonight and sunset (based on google) was at 801pm but the trigger happened at 904pm.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.