Choose style:

Author Topic: Adding Almond + to 3S network  (Read 6024 times)

Offline Gimlet

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Adding Almond + to 3S network
« on: April 14, 2019, 07:18:53 am »
I've been trying to add two Almond + units to my two 3S units as additional access points in order to get better wi-fi coverage around my house.

I have one 3S set up as my primary router and the other 3S as an access point and they both show up in the app so I used the "Add Almond" button in the app and followed the instructions several times for both units but neither were found, despite being next to the primary router on the desk with a direct wired connection to it.

In the end I just set the two new units up using their LCD screens, setting them up as Access points and then putting them in their final positions. It seems to have worked and my wi-fi analyser app is picking up a great signal from each unit with a good overlap all around the property. however the two new units still don't show up on the Almond app at all.

Anybody got any ideas on how to get the Almond + units to show up in the app? It's not a big deal if they don't as they seem to work fine, even picking up and relaying the door and room sensor data to the app.

Offline vikas jilla

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Adding Almond + to 3S network
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 12:11:17 am »
@Gimlet

We can only add AL3 or A3S units using Add Almond option. The only option to set up the A+ units is, using LCD as Access Point or Range Extender, which you have already done. In order to control them from Almond app, you just need to link them to your account using Almond account option on LCD and Add a New Network to account on the mobile app(more page).

Offline Gimlet

• Almond 3 Beta
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Adding Almond + to 3S network
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 04:07:57 am »
Ahhh! That's the way to do it!

Thanks Vikas.

Just linked the first, easily accessible one. It was already linked to my account so the only way to get the link code was to unlink it from my account and then link it again using the code. It now shows up in the app.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:21:42 am by Gimlet »

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.