Choose style:

Author Topic: How close are we to shipment date?  (Read 15963 times)

Offline picomo

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
How close are we to shipment date?
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:06 am »
Kind of getting anxious here....

LGNilsson

Re: How close are we to shipment date?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:33:08 am »
We're about to get the remaining beta/dev units out next week. We're going to post an update about what's going on over at Kickstarter as well, although it won't be tomorrow, but it should be by the end of next week. Sorry I can't be more precise at the moment.

Offline generationxile

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »
So is there an estimate yet for when these are to be shipped out? Just an estimate would be appreciated.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 01:02:10 am »
We'll be posting an update on Kickstarter today.

Offline generationxile

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:08:34 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work Ladies and Gents, and thanks for the updates. It does go a long way to take the edge off the waiting. Keep up the good work!

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:35 pm »
It's nice to hear that the updates help, although we're as frustrated as you are with the delays.
The beta and developer units are continually being shipped out though, so progress is being made, it just takes some time to get things done, especially right now as each unit is done by hand in our offices.
Of course once we go into mass production, we'll do the whole production run in a weeks time or so, as our manufacturing partner has the resources to put out multiple thousands of units a day.
We'll be sharing some more things with you all on Friday.

Offline VJ

• Chestnut
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:05:12 pm »
I'm really hoping soon... I signed up for the pre-order via mail...
My current router (an 9 year old Linksys WRT54GC) is beginning to act up, loosing connections, and I just hope it will keep on going until I can order the Almond+...  :)

Offline VJ

• Chestnut
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:48:59 am »
Any news? I'm not on the kickstarter, but registered to be notified about the pre-ordering options... :)

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 05:22:51 am »
We'll be posting an update on Kickstarter on Friday with regards to production and shipping to our Kickstarter backers.
As for pre-order options, I need to check and see what's been decided.

Offline AARON

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 08:15:04 pm »
wait for the new post, just like the old posts... "We are sooo close."

Closer than the last time you said you were about to ship?
Closer than the time you said it 6 months ago?

At this point I'm not even sure I want this thing... I've lost all confidence Securifi can deliver on anything resembling a decent Home Automation platform/app ... I already bought an ASUS router so no need for an new router. I wanted a better router and did not want to wait another year for an Almond+ not knowing if it would be any good for routing anyway.

So... it seems like simply donated (lit some cash on fire) to fund your hobby.

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:33 pm »
Well, if you're certain you don't want it, it's not a problem getting a refund. We're sorry it's taken so long, but sadly this is sometimes the case during product development. We did more or less start from scratch with the new platform and we hit a few unexpected snags that lead to longer delays than we anticipated.

Offline VJ

• Chestnut
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 06:00:25 am »
It was actually one of the reasons I did not fund the kickstarter: it looked very ambitious from a rather small player in the router market. At the same time, the propsed features are one way of distinguishing from other routers, and might nicely complement my home automation system, so I followed it since quite early on.
It is a long time, and I would also be a but frustrated if I'd have backed it. I do appreciate the extensive communication, and the fast responses, and am still convinced the end product could be worth it.

My demands for a router are not so high, and almost any router would do for me (currently managing with a 9 year old linksys): my whole network is wired using a professional gigabit switch. By necessity: my apartment has 30 cm concrete walls with metal support frames and granite fragments (one of the consequences of living in a former communist building :-)). I'm happy my current router holds out as long as it does, but am worried it is dying soon...

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 06:50:57 am »
Well, what everyone seems to forget is that in May we announced to our backers that we would start over on a new hardware and software platform. To be honest, we severely underestimated the time it would take us to get the new platform to the state where it is today, but the end product will be vastly much better in the end.
We're as frustrated by the delays as any of you, as we really expected to have shipped the Almond+ to all of our backers now.
Things will be a lot more clear come Friday's update.

Offline VJ

• Chestnut
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:41 am »
I registered here to get more updates, and your posts are still reassuring me. :)

Offline pete

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 06:39:35 pm »
30 cm concrete walls with metal support frames and granite fragments

So are you using a wireless access point today and your Gb Ethernet switch?

Yup; here  we have metal conduit in the walls which does probably cause some multipath issues.

Mostly do utilize the wired Gb links except for those tablet and notebooks that wander aimlessly 'round the house.

[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.