bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: For total beginners to WiFi  (Read 3903 times)

Offline walsheb

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
For total beginners to WiFi
« on: August 02, 2013, 09:57:19 am »
 >:( Hi I hope there will be a section that will guide some of us who has no tec. experance with how Almond +and WiFi work and can give us Pictures, Video and step by step on how to get the best from Almond+.

LGNilsson

Re: For total beginners to WiFi
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:32:39 am »
We're actually working on some stuff right now with regards to videos, although those videos will only cover the Almond. Rest assured that we'll be doing the same for the Almond+ and the forums should also be a good resource for guides, providing someone here is willing to write them  ;)

Offline Ninhalem

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »
I say you put the mod Patrick Wilson on it since he already wrote an excellent article on the Travel WAP feature in the Almond.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 09:22:25 pm »
I'll let him know  ;)

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 09:34:39 pm »
I say you put the mod Patrick Wilson on it since he already wrote an excellent article on the Travel WAP feature in the Almond.

Thanks,  but I'm not actually that proud of it.  I made some errors in it.  Well the wording was fine,  but my screen captures don't reflect the text.   But yes,  I like Multimedia when I post,  so you can expect more from me in the future.

Securifi's Forum supports images, ordered lists,  unordered lists,  URL's,  code segments etc.   You can expect me to take advantage of many of these features of this system. 

I will likely be more active once I'd had a chance to play with the Almond+.  I'm afraid my Almond is presently doing duty only as a "Travel WAP".  I will be using my Almond+ as my actual Router,  so I am likely to get into more complicated efforts once I am playing with my Almond+.   

I always strive to be as accurate as possible,  so please feel free to identify any issues you find in any of my posts.   (My ego can take the hit). 

Thank-you for your confidence.   

Patrick.
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline bagheadinc

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 11:21:11 pm »
Have you guys thought about setting up a Wiki for the documentation of the router and API? It could be a good place to include some basic tutorials for beginners as well.

(also, woo, 5th post. no more spam filter)

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 12:02:16 am »
Yes, it's something we've looked at, but finding one that's 1. easy to edit 2. looks nice and 3. doesn't require some obscure knowledge to configure seems to be an impossible combination. If you've got any suggestions on a Wiki that meets 1, 2 and 3 do let us know.

Offline bagheadinc

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 12:34:51 am »
Yeah, 1 is going to be a tough one, Wikis are the friendliest software to modify. The one I've worked with most frequently is MediaWiki and customizing it's design can be a bit of work. Although, I wouldn't worry too much about making the Wiki pretty; I tend to prefer a plain Wiki vs a super stylized one  (like the thousands of WIkias out there). People go to Wikis to find info, not to look at the site layout. With MediaWiki, it's nice and simple out of the box; just put your logo in the corner and it's not half bad looking.

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 02:34:48 am »
Yeah, the design isn't that important, but some of the stuff that's easy to edit looks like  :o
And vice versa, the stuff that looks good has a terrible editor...
Ideally we'd want something with a wysiwyg editor to make it easy for the community at large to add useful information, sadly, very few Wiki's offer this in a sensible way.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.