Choose style:

Author Topic: Forwarding  (Read 8516 times)

Offline skitt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Forwarding
« on: June 17, 2020, 03:59:01 am »
On the A3S web administration, the “Forwarding” block shows “Accessible only from Almond App”, which I’m guessing means the Android or iOS app. However, on the Android app, I can’t find a way to set forwarding up...

How are we supposed to set up port forwarding on the A3S? I’d really like to be able to do this in the same way as on the A+...

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:41:58 am »
If you go to the particular network device in the app (Devices icon at bottom, then Network Devices which is the right tab at top), select the ... option for the device you are looking to set Port Forwarding for. There will be an option for Port Forwarding below... about 5 item from the top (just below Set IP). Select the > to the right of it to configure your Port Forwarding for that device.

You must have the device set for a Static IP before doing this (it will give you a message if not).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline litzdog911

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Forwarding
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 07:35:30 pm »
So glad I found this post. I was stumped trying to enable Port Forwarding for my new Tablo DVR so I could stream video out-of-home. But after setting my Tablo to a static IP address and trying to enable the appropriate Port Forwarding settings, I got a message that my Almond must be a "router" instead of an "access point"?  Can I change that mode without messing up my entire network?

I currently have three Almond 3 boxes. The 2 "remote" boxes are connected via ethernet to my main Almond 3, as do my ethernet switches. My main Almond 3 connects to an Arris Router for my fiber internet access. All of my home devices are connected either via WiFi or ethernet to my Almonds.  Only the main Almond is connected to the Arris Router.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck