Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond and Roku HD  (Read 11035 times)

Offline tat2mom

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond and Roku HD
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:21:21 pm »
So I got my Almond hooked it up, and it works fine for the desktop and the laptop, but the Roku will no longer connect.  When I put in the password for my network, it won't connect.  Any ideas?

Essoh

Re: Almond and Roku HD
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:05:22 pm »
Hi tatmom,
 Is almond connected as range extender or router?
If almond is in range extender mode you can just remove the _almond in the SSID (almond network name).
If you are using almond as a router you may reset the roku and try to reconnect again to the almond network.

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
So I got my Almond hooked it up, and it works fine for the desktop and the laptop, but the Roku will no longer connect.  When I put in the password for my network, it won't connect.  Any ideas?

We'd love to help you.  But you've given us little to work with. 

You claim your Almond is "hooked-up",  but you haven't told us how it is hooked up.  Is it your main router? 
Is the Almond hooked up to the Internet,  or to another Router? 
Is it setup as a Router,  an Access Point,  a Range Extender,  or WWAN Router?

What does the "Status Screen" on the Almond TouchUI look like?

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline oniely79

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:24:19 pm »
I think I may be having the same problem as tat2mom,

I have an ATT DSL wirelesss ( a 2WIRE 3600HGV) router. I have setup my Almond as a range extender for two Roku 3's. One in a living room and the other in a bedroom.

Initially, I had trouble connecting to the Almond to the Rokus. Changing the name from " _almond" was able to solve this problem.

Now there seems to be a problem with connecting one of the Rokus to the Almond.

The Living Room Roku 3 is almond to connect without a problem.

The Bedroom Roku 3 is unable to connect to 1) my local network and 2) the internet.

The Bedroom Roku 3 detects the almond with an excellent signal...then the Roku isn't able to get on the local network. The Living Room Roku 3 doesn't have this problem.

Any suggestions? I will try reset my Bedroom Roku 3. At one point, both Roku's were detecting and connecting through the Almond. Since last night, only the Living Room Roku is working.

I've also tried to remove the Almond from the equation and have successfully connected both Roku 3's to the 2WIRE wireless router. No problem there.

Thanks for any help,
o

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:24:52 am »
I think I may be having the same problem as tat2mom,

I have an ATT DSL wirelesss ( a 2WIRE 3600HGV) router. I have setup my Almond as a range extender for two Roku 3's. One in a living room and the other in a bedroom.

Initially, I had trouble connecting to the Almond to the Rokus. Changing the name from " _almond" was able to solve this problem.

Now there seems to be a problem with connecting one of the Rokus to the Almond.

The Living Room Roku 3 is almond to connect without a problem.

The Bedroom Roku 3 is unable to connect to 1) my local network and 2) the internet.

The Bedroom Roku 3 detects the almond with an excellent signal...then the Roku isn't able to get on the local network. The Living Room Roku 3 doesn't have this problem.

Any suggestions? I will try reset my Bedroom Roku 3. At one point, both Roku's were detecting and connecting through the Almond. Since last night, only the Living Room Roku is working.

I've also tried to remove the Almond from the equation and have successfully connected both Roku 3's to the 2WIRE wireless router. No problem there.

Thanks for any help,
o

What type of signal strength is there between the 2WIRE Router and the Almond Range Extender? 

If you aren't getting a good signal between the two "bridge" devices,  then anything connecting to the Almond may be having issues reaching the gateway. 

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:24:03 am by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline oniely79

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 10:49:52 am »
Patrick,

I am getting 3 Green Bars on the Almond status screen between my 2WIRE Router and the Almond Range Extender.

The Almond Range Extender is also picking up signals from both my Living Room Roku3 and my Bedroom Roku3: 3 GREEN BARS and 2 ORANGE BARS, respectively.

Maybe try moving my BEDROOM ROKU3 to get a better signal (3 GREEN BARS) from the Almond Range Extender?

I will also try bumping up to customer support to see what they suggest also.

I'll keep things posted.

Thanks for the response, o

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:38:27 pm »
Patrick,

I am getting 3 Green Bars on the Almond status screen between my 2WIRE Router and the Almond Range Extender.

The Almond Range Extender is also picking up signals from both my Living Room Roku3 and my Bedroom Roku3: 3 GREEN BARS and 2 ORANGE BARS, respectively.

Maybe try moving my BEDROOM ROKU3 to get a better signal (3 GREEN BARS) from the Almond Range Extender?

I will also try bumping up to customer support to see what they suggest also.

I'll keep things posted.

Thanks for the response, o

There are potentially multiple things happening here,  so our goal should be to provide the best connection possible for all the devices involved. The most important Wi-Fi link in your scenario is the 2Wire to Almond link as it "bridges" the Wi-Fi reach of your network. This will make the Almond (as a Range Extender) become part of the backbone of your network,  it will potentially be providing network connectivity to multiple devices. 

Try to locate all the devices in order to provide the best Wi-Fi signal possible.  This is particularly important if you intend to stream multiple HD Video steams to all the Roku's at the same time. If you can get everything working under the most ideal Wi-Fi conditions possible,  then you can attempt to relocate the Wi-Fi devices one-by-one based on "convenience: and re-check performance.  Try to locate your Wi-Fi devices high up,  and try to locate them away from power lines and power bars. 

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline oniely79

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:12 pm »
So I was able to contact customer support as well and there suggestion was to restart the Main Wireless router and the Almond, then connect the problematic Bedroom Roku to the network only.

Additionally, I took your suggestion and relocated the Almond and Roku in more ideal situations, and checking to make sure the range extenders had 3 Green Bars throughout each device.

This worked well and the Roku3 is able to connect to the Wireless Network, Local Network, and Internet.

I will keep things posted if more problems occur, but everything seems to be working smoothly so far.

Thank you for the help and advice Patrick.

Of note, customer support was very good...even checking up with a followup email to make sure everything was still working.

Offline tat2mom

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:59 pm »
It's hooked up as the router.  The desktop, laptop, and one roku are all close together in one room.  Downstairs is the second roku and the xbox live.   Nothing has been moved or changed, I just unhooked the old router and put in the almond.  Everything works except the roku.  It won't connect.  It asks for the password and when I put it in, nothing happens.  I've tried resetting the roku but it still won't connect.

The screen you asked about...
Basic Status
Mode: Router
(green box) Connected
Internet: DHCP
-----------------------------
Wireless
SSID: Zombies!!! Run!!
Password: ********
Security: WPAPSKWPA2PSK
Encryption: TKIPAES;TKIPA
Channel: 8
----------------------------
Advanced
IP: 10.10.10.254
Bridge MAC:
e4:71:85:04:0b:e8
Wireless MAC:
LAN MAC:
e4:71:85:04:0b:ea
WAN MAC:
e4:71:85:04:0b;eb

We'd love to help you.  But you've given us little to work with. 

You claim your Almond is "hooked-up",  but you haven't told us how it is hooked up.  Is it your main router? 
Is the Almond hooked up to the Internet,  or to another Router? 
Is it setup as a Router,  an Access Point,  a Range Extender,  or WWAN Router?

What does the "Status Screen" on the Almond TouchUI look like?

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 12:51:03 pm »
It's hooked up as the router.  The desktop, laptop, and one roku are all close together in one room.  Downstairs is the second roku and the xbox live.   Nothing has been moved or changed, I just unhooked the old router and put in the almond.  Everything works except the roku.  It won't connect.  It asks for the password and when I put it in, nothing happens.  I've tried resetting the roku but it still won't connect.

The screen you asked about...
Basic Status
Mode: Router
(green box) Connected
Internet: DHCP
-----------------------------
Wireless
SSID: Zombies!!! Run!!
Password: ********
Security: WPAPSKWPA2PSK
Encryption: TKIPAES;TKIPA
Channel: 8
----------------------------
Advanced
IP: 10.10.10.254
Bridge MAC:
Wireless MAC:
LAN MAC:
e4:71:85:04:0b:ea
WAN MAC:
e4:71:85:04:0b;eb

Thanks for the output from the Status screen of your Almond.  What is the IP address on the Roku that doesn't connect? 

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck