Choose style:

Author Topic: Range Extender won't connect after working properly for about a year  (Read 15489 times)

Offline JeffJunker

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have the Almond that I use as a range extender.  It's worked great for about a year and lately wouldn't stay connected and now will not connect at all.  When I go through the range extender setup it gets all the way to "Waiting for the IP" and then says "Connection Lost  Could not find <wireless router name>".  I get a signal on my computer from the spot it is placed.  I then moved the Almond right next to my wireless router just to make sure it wasn't a signal issue.  Same problem.  I have not changed any settings on my cable router, wireless router or Almond extender.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Range Extender won't connect after working properly for about a year
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:31:04 pm »
I have the Almond that I use as a range extender.  It's worked great for about a year and lately wouldn't stay connected and now will not connect at all.  When I go through the range extender setup it gets all the way to "Waiting for the IP" and then says "Connection Lost  Could not find <wireless router name>".  I get a signal on my computer from the spot it is placed.  I then moved the Almond right next to my wireless router just to make sure it wasn't a signal issue.  Same problem.  I have not changed any settings on my cable router, wireless router or Almond extender.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Please try reseting the Router,  using the "reset" button.  If this doesn't solve the problem,  please contact our Support Team.

(You'll find the "reset" button just above the "power jack" on the Almond.  Use the Stylus to press it for a couple of seconds to reset the Router).
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Essoh

Re: Range Extender won't connect after working properly for about a year
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:09:07 pm »
And just to add also that you may try to update the software since it is one year old.
For that you may connect a cable from the modem (or main router) to almond in order to be sure almond is having internet.
 Then you may tap the firmware or software update icon on almond screen (2nd page of the LCD) and you can update from there.
You may try to call support too if all these seem tricky

Thanks

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck