bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: WPA2 Enterprise Authentication  (Read 7636 times)

Offline Limerick

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
WPA2 Enterprise Authentication
« on: March 26, 2014, 12:01:41 am »
Will the Almond+ support WPA2-Enterprise EAP-TLS authentication? Will it be capable of running its own Radius/AAA authentication server without need for a separate device?

If not, would this be possible to include with a firmware update or is this something totally out of reach?

Is there going to be any way to run programs on the router independent of the stock firmware?

LGNilsson

Re: WPA2 Enterprise Authentication
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:42:04 am »
Not sure, we're going to have to check the first two with our software team.
That said, the Almond+ does run OpenWRT, so for Radius, it should be possible.

As for the last question, can you please expand, as without the stock firmware, you wouldn't be able to boot the Almond+, but if you mean if it'll be possible if it'll be possible to run third party software on the Almond+, then the answer is yes.

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:20:32 am »
Will the Almond+ support WPA2-Enterprise EAP-TLS authentication? Will it be capable of running its own Radius/AAA authentication server without need for a separate device?

If not, would this be possible to include with a firmware update or is this something totally out of reach?

Is there going to be any way to run programs on the router independent of the stock firmware?

There is presently no WPA2/Enterprise or EAP Support in the Almond+.  Similarly there is presently no Radius Server on the Almond+ either.  I would however expect WPA2/Enterprise to be supported later,  as I note that our Almond model does presently support 802.1x,  so I would expect this to be added to the Almond+ in a future Firmware upgrade. 

WEP is not presently supported in the Almond+ either,  but this too will be added. 

Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

superkoe

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:51:56 am »
Any news on the wpa2 enterprise authentication.  I would really like the support for wpa2-eap in the almond+ or a way to add it with opkg or something like that
 I run a freeradius on my raspberry pi  and all my ap's use the eap authentication. I was a bit surprised that it was not supported

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 06:28:01 am »
It'll come in a future firmware release. Right now we're working on fixing the Wi-Fi issues.

Offline acid.g

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 06:15:17 pm »
Any update on WPA/WPA2 Enteprise support on Almond+ ?

Thanks a lot.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.