Choose style:

Author Topic: GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle  (Read 7944 times)

Vito

GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:05:31 pm »
I was able to setup this z-wave outlet without any issues at all.  Turning the outlet on and off at the outlet actually triggered an immediate update on the cloud service as well as the touchscreen.

Here's a link to the device on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/GE-45605-Z-Wave-Technology-Receptacle/dp/B0013V1SRY/

This is great, as I have a bunch of these throughout the house!

Vito

Re: GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:51:52 am »
I've attached the manual for this device.

Offline mgoltra

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 06:09:54 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to add these sensors but no luck. Any chance that you can provide the steps you did to successfully add this?
I know the sensor work using it on GE Remote.

Thank you,

Mark

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:22 pm »
Did you unpair/remove them from the remote first? You can remove them from the Almond+ if you prefer (it's easy), instead of Add tap on Remove in Add Sensor in the LCD UI and they'll be removed. This has to be done before a Z-Wave devices can be added to a new controller.

Offline mgoltra

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:51 am »
Thank you for replying. When you say remote, do you mean the GE remote or the Almond + ? I will try to remove them from the remote. Is there anyway to reset the device? Thank you again.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 05:06:46 am »
Remote = GE Remote

Remove = Reset = Same thing when it comes to Z-Wave.

It should be easy to do from the Almond+, as per the instructions in my previous post.

Offline Caseyapi

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:26 pm »
So I deleted the sensor from my A+ when it did not work with the latest iOS app update and now I can not get it to register for add or remove. Does anyone know of a way to hard reset the GE/Jasco devices (I actually have the 45609 switch)?

Vito

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »
Hi Caseyapi,

You should just have to hit "Remove" on the Almond+, and then tap the switch on or off.  Depending on it's distance, you may have to hit On/Off a few times for it to pick it up.  If it's really far away, you may have to move the Almond+ closer to it, just to get it to sync.

But there's no special method of resetting these.  You just have to Remove it, and then Add it.

-Vito

Vito

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »
And just to clarify, using the switch in any manner should "register" it with the Almond+.  You just have to hit Remove on the Almond+, then use the switch (on or off).  Then hit Add on the Almond+ and use the switch again (on or off).

-Vito

Offline Caseyapi

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 07:48:31 pm »
Vito-

Thanks for the response. I have my almond+ about 12-15 feet away from the switch which is the same distance it was when I originally added the switch. I tried moving it a few feet closer (as far as the power cord would let me) but still had no luck with it recognizing the switch. I have tried to both remove and add it and have pushed the on and off on the switch many times under both. When I deleted the switch I was using the old R064 and updated to the R069 before I tried to remove the switch. I have read where people who were using the old GE remote for z wave control had their "master" remote get destroyed and they could never get the switch to work again. It seems dumb for GE/Jasco to design their equipment with no way to reset without the original master controller, it seems like every other manufacturer allows a hard reset with their equipment??

-Casey

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 08:59:07 pm »
Z-Wave devices have to be removed before they can be added again, it's just how Z-Wave works, for better or worse.
The tricky part is how the device manufacturer implements the adding and removing on a device/sensor.
Try tapping power on quickly as the Almond+ is in Remove mode, as as long press would just turn on the light(s).
Note that Z-Wave devices should according to the standard be no further than 3 feet from the gateway when you add/remove them, although it does tend to work a bit further than that.

Offline mgoltra

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »
Sharing some info. I have 6 of these receptacles. 3 could not be joined and these 3 were previously connected with the GE remote control. Even after I have removed them from the GE remote network, it will not be seen by Almond +. I had to return those 3 for replacement. I contacted Jasco/GE and and asked if they units can be reset to default. I was told no. I did not have any issues with the other 3 receptacles out of the box.

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 04:41:31 am »
Did you try using the Remove option in the Almond+ LCD UI?

Offline Tim

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »
I know this is an old topic, but I just had to set one of these up for the first time and struggled a bit. I never had a GE Remote to unpair the outlet from and had to figure out a way to make the Almond+ see the outlet. Here's what I did:

1. Set outlet to "on". The LED light should be OFF.
2. Set Almond+ to Add Sensor.
3. Go to outlet and press the manual button TWICE. Once to turn the outlet off (LED lights up) and again to turn it on (LED light goes off).
4. You should see the Almond+ now complete the Add Sensor process.

If this does not work, try this:

1. Set outlet to "on". The LED light should be OFF.
2. Set Almond+ to Remove Sensor.
3. Go to outlet and press the manual button TWICE. Once to turn the outlet off (LED lights up) and again to turn it on (LED light goes off).
4. You should see the Almond+ finish the remove process. Now go back and follow the Add Sensor steps above.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 09:03:55 pm »
Any z wave controller can remove any sensor even if it was not in its network at any point. The correct method is to put the Almond into remove mode and then activate the switch for the outlet. This will remove any and all network the outlet was connected to before which can only be one network at a time. Then the device can be added to the Almond or any other z wave controller.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.

bottleneck