Choose style:

Author Topic: Jasco 45609 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control On/Off Switch  (Read 5017 times)

Vito

Jasco 45609 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control On/Off Switch
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:11 pm »
This is an on/off (non dimming) light switch.  I was able to set this up on the Almond+ without issue!  Turning the switch on and off updates the light status within the Almond+.

Here's a link to it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Jasco-Z-Wave-Wireless-Lighting-Control/dp/B0035YRCR2/

LGNilsson

Re: Jasco 45609 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control On/Off Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 11:41:21 pm »
Added to the Wiki.
You can add your own stuff there too if you want - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Sensors

Vito

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:48:18 pm »
Thanks, I'll do that!

By the way, the GE/Jasco models that look like 45609 are sold under both the GE and Jasco brand names.  Not sure how you want to reflect that in your Wiki.  You can actually search for "GE 45609" and "Jasco 45609" and find both of them.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:51:16 pm »
Yeah, we're aware that the two seem to sell the exact same products, sometimes with slightly different model names. We already have an entry like that in the Wiki, so you can reference that.

Offline The19th

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »
I ordered this on Amazon as a GE product, and it arrived in a plain white box with a Jasco sticker.  The installation manual displayed prominent GE branding, but the unit itself mentions both Jasco and GE.

Be forewarned, it's big and bulky and makes the junction box very crowded.  The first time I wired it up, it worked perfectly.  Then I had to push it into the junction box and tightened the screws. When I turned the breaker back on, I didn't realize the bare copper ground from the adjacent switch shifted slightly and shorted the live terminal on 45609 and tripped the breaker with an impromptu pyrotechnics display.

After I checked the devices, reinstalled and made sure the wires had some distance inside the box, I reset the breaker and it still worked.  The surprising part for me was even Z-Wave pairing went very smoothly.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:55:34 pm »
I'm noticing that with the 45614 (the same as the 45609 but with a three way auxiliary switch included) that turning the light on and off updates when using the master switch, but never seems to update when using the aux switch. The auxiliary switch is not z-wave itself but wired like a regular three way switch with a traveler wire that sends the signal to the main switch to turn on.  I still see the status update on my other controller.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.