Choose style:

Author Topic: No Xbox Live access  (Read 4475 times)

Offline JSmit514

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
No Xbox Live access
« on: April 07, 2014, 09:30:04 am »
As stated in the title I cannot get my XBox 360 to access XBox Live. I tried both wireless and wired connections. I have done some reading on other forums and  given the XBox 360 a static address and tried port forwarding 53, 80, 88, 1863, and 3074 for both UDP and TCP. I have also tried enabling DMZ and entering the 360's address but still no success. I am able to connect briefly by resetting the Almond, but my connection is dropped randomly and I am unable to reconnect. All other devices in my home don't seem to have any issue.

I appreciate any help offered.

Edit:
I was able to fix the problem. If anyone else is having this issue, the problem for me was having my security too tight. I changed it to WEP, and now the XBox 360 is working fine.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:02:44 am by JSmit514 »

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: No Xbox Live access
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:21:32 pm »
As stated in the title I cannot get my XBox 360 to access XBox Live. I tried both wireless and wired connections. I have done some reading on other forums and  given the XBox 360 a static address and tried port forwarding 53, 80, 88, 1863, and 3074 for both UDP and TCP. I have also tried enabling DMZ and entering the 360's address but still no success. I am able to connect briefly by resetting the Almond, but my connection is dropped randomly and I am unable to reconnect. All other devices in my home don't seem to have any issue.

I appreciate any help offered.

Edit:
I was able to fix the problem. If anyone else is having this issue, the problem for me was having my security too tight. I changed it to WEP, and now the XBox 360 is working fine.

I'd recommend following the instructions in PortForward.com article: Port Forwarding the Securifi Almond Router for Xbox Live 360
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 17 queries.