Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Almond+ / Re: KRACK Attack
« Last post by cthree87 on October 18, 2017, 05:21:56 pm »
They get their WIFI software stack from the vendor of the chip they use for WIFI (Broadcom??). They need someone else to fix and release updated software development libraries so that securifi can compile and build a new firmware with it. No fix from the vendor, no fix from securifi. They aren't in control of it but I sure hope they choose a good vendor who they are pressuring hard to release a fix. Right?
Almond+ / Re: Anyone experiencing frequent WiFi drops
« Last post by jbh on October 18, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »
5 GHz tells me that my password is incorrect until I restart the Almond +. Has started to happen almost daily.
Home automation / Re: Number of rules?
« Last post by fillibar on October 18, 2017, 02:27:58 pm »
I do not know a limit but I had over 60 rules (40-something active) at one point without seeing issues. Mostly set to make the house appear "lived in" when we went for a trip.

As for having multiple Almonds, you can, but that will not benefit you from a HA perspective at this time other than supposedly acting as repeaters. They do not presently work as secondary controllers or such. However, Almond 3 routers can be linked for Mesh networking. Or you can have multiple Almonds and treat them all separately, if you want things isolated or do not need them to be part of a single "grand system".
Almond+ / Re: Invitation for Beta Testers
« Last post by Carambar on October 18, 2017, 12:58:10 pm »
Good Evening,
I would like to be in.
IOS for the phone, macOS Sierra for the home
Thank You
Home automation / Number of rules?
« Last post by variable on October 18, 2017, 12:29:39 pm »
I'm coming from the Smartthings world and have been using WebCoRE to handle a lot of automation, from setting hue bulbs to random colors on motion, to turning on lights when the door is unlocked as well as differing rules based on who's home etc.  There doesn't appear to be a limit, though there's sure to be a practical one, but at the moment I have something like 30 rules (as well as a bunch that aren't from WebCoRE).

I'm considering switching because I like the local control - Wink, while nice, doesn't have a very sophisticated rules engine, and Smartthings operates almost entirely in the cloud.

Semi-related: can more than one Almond hub be on the network - and useful to the Home Automation component?
Home automation / Re: Securifi SZ-PIR02-CA false motion detection
« Last post by Ashok on October 18, 2017, 11:01:12 am »
@ jadeboy,

Please do send us the log files, which could help us in debugging.
Almond+ / Re: connecting node-red to the Almond+ websocket
« Last post by czyzczyz on October 17, 2017, 07:25:21 pm »
I've finally got a functional node-red setup at home, and have in the process learned more about how it operates, so will be revisiting this.
Almond+ / Re: But where are Almond+ Updates ?
« Last post by andersos on October 17, 2017, 04:56:28 pm »
I never had a problem with the Almond+. Newer hardware would solve the problems some have had with the Almond+.
And regarding where the next update is - every router I had previously stopped getting updates after maybe 2 - 3 years.
If there is no problems that can be solved with an updated firmware or some new feature has been implemented, they just wont release
an update.
« Last post by Ashok on October 17, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »
@ All,

We are trying our best to get the fix from our Chipset vendor. However, please do ensure that all your client devices (Laptop, Smartphones etc..,) are updated or else, it may not help the situation.
« Last post by tt4me on October 17, 2017, 02:30:01 pm »
Ubiquiti released a firmware update in time for disclosure:
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013737328-Ubiquiti-Devices-KRACK-Vulnerability

To say this isn't an AP problem is mighty disingenuous.   :(

Exactly!!

Has to be fixed on one side or the other. Doesn't need to be on both sides, but clearly on the router/AP side is the best case scenario and the proper resolution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 12 queries.

bottleneck