Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Almond+ / Re: Any feedback or questions related to Web Socket API
« Last post by cr0ybot on January 16, 2019, 11:29:07 pm »
@bmwilson55 If you haven't found the answer by now, you need to use the username & password for the local web interface.

I'd love to see some explanatory text added to the DeviceList doc. The Websockets API doc is not very helpful with regards to knowing what "Type" values map to what "Device" with specific "DeviceValues" (capabilities). In fact, I glossed past the sections of the websockets doc most relevant to me because I didn't grok that a "DeviceIndex" is how we're supposed to interact with and read/change a devices properties.

There's an entire column for "Remarks" that is just begging for some explanations. For starters, what do the 5 different values for DoorLock LOCK_STATE symbolize? I'm assuming something along the lines of open, closed, opening, closing, and maybe unknown, but I don't have a lock to test with and they are unlabeled in the doc. Also, what are the practical differences between the data types Byte, Int, Decimal, Unsigned-Char, and Unsigned-Char(Decimal) when the value ranges seem almost interchangeable? I'm familiar with the usual difference between, say, a byte (8-bit, 0-255) vs an integer (at least 16-bit, 0-65,536), but I see a lot of interchangeable types (Byte, Decimal) for number ranges of 0-255 and 0-100.

Why are my non-colored Hue bulbs showing up as Type 4 (MultilevelSwitchOnOff) with extra undocumented device values that correspond with Type 48 (HueLamp) but in a different order? And is there any documentation on the Type values associated with each DeviceValue?

And what are all the references to XML about? The websockets API is JSON, is there another API that handles XML? Is there documentation on the XML that may have more information?

I might be interested in edit rights for the Wiki while I develop my addon for Mozilla's Things Gateway: https://github.com/cr0ybot/almond-adapter
Almond 3 / Re: Almond 3 locks up with blank white screen
« Last post by syshi on January 16, 2019, 09:30:59 pm »
Happened to my main almond3 connected to fiber modem. Shipped the replacement unit at own cost back to Singapore. Resolved for awhile.
Now, started for all 3 almonds used. Tried to plug in usb fans for the 2 almond in my living room and hitched and it's been working well so far. Only the Almond which is in my bedroom still freeze daily and need to be reset as i can't add in usb fan which will be noisy and disturbing my sleep.
Really thinking of jumping ship and drop the Almond 3... Frustrated as have to keep resetting the bedroom unit every night when back home...
General Discussion / Re: no complete boot
« Last post by belkinrouterlogin on January 16, 2019, 05:21:40 am »
No complete boot - you have to reset the router and again login to router .

For More Help and support for Belkin router login click here.
Almond+ / Alexa in Spain
« Last post by fpartes on January 14, 2019, 10:39:35 am »
How long is gonna take the alexa skill to "speak" Spanish?
Almond+ / Re: dnsmasq vulnerabilities
« Last post by Shazster on January 13, 2019, 02:29:38 pm »
This thing is EOL.
The Wall has been hit as far as what their processor & design choices will support for firmware.
Mine is a wired access point now to extend my Wi-Fi coverage. I no longer rely on it for primary routing duties.
Almond+ / Re: Lots of issues...where to start.
« Last post by Shazster on January 13, 2019, 02:26:17 pm »
Full firmware update/replace as opposed to factory reset?
Almond+ / dnsmasq vulnerabilities
« Last post by pejagana on January 13, 2019, 02:53:18 am »
Will the Almond+ team ever address the dnsmasq vulnerabilities?
I helped funding this baby.
Never mind the years we have been waiting for the first Almond+ to be delivered.
But at times when security and VPN capabilities are crucial, there has to be a clear message from the support team.
Just be honest and tell me if I have to look for a new router.
Almond+ / Lots of issues...where to start.
« Last post by forkster on January 12, 2019, 12:38:19 am »
1. First issue I'm having is that my Almond+ via my iPhone app, I'm no longer able to connect to the device via local connection.
2. The Wifi - nothing can connect to it anymore. Died around 1 year old.
3. Factor reset doesn't fix the issues. Point in fact, I cannot factory reset with fresh settings
4. I can no longer connect to the web interface on the Almond
5. I cannot add any new zigbee devices but existing work fine

Is it time to throw it out? Wish I could figure out what's going with this device.
Peanut plug / Re: Firmware update for the peanut plug?
« Last post by tje210 on January 10, 2019, 12:01:40 am »
Just got 5 peanuts and I can turn them on/off remotely, but not showing power/current/voltage.  Did firmware update of plugs, and now voltage is showing but not power/current (displaying as 0.0).  A+ is on R093.  I did re-check for peanut update, and reboot a+.  What else should I do?
Almond+ / Re: Live Weather Data
« Last post by Ab on January 08, 2019, 01:45:52 pm »
My rules do continue to work after all. Looked up some time servers and they do push out this info, so that's what the almond+ may be using.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 12 queries.

bottleneck