Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Almond+ / Re: Almond+ Firmware AP2-R093
« Last post by Shazster on April 13, 2020, 10:28:36 am »
Great concept. Utterly shitty execution, predictably devolving into the "now we'd like your money monthly"/network-support-as-a-service bait & switch grift.
It's unfortunate really, but there is nothing to be done.
My advice:
Get a really good router w. or w/o wifi and use your A+ as your primary wifi access point or as an additional wired wifi extender. It's what I did. The home automation functionality for zwave & zigbee devices that comprises the HA hub part still works really well.
Almond 3 / Re: Almond 3 hanging on a daily basis
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on April 04, 2020, 09:28:05 pm »
The problem is with a bad capacitor and the warmer days

https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,5559.msg31676.html#msg31676

Once repaired they become the delightful units they were designed to be.
Almond 3 / Re: Almond 3 Firmware AL3-R024 is out
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on April 04, 2020, 09:27:23 pm »
The problem is with a bad capacitor and the warmer days

https://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,5559.msg31676.html#msg31676

Once repaired they become the delightful units they were designed to be.
Almond 3 / Re: Almond 3 Firmware AL3-R024 is out
« Last post by marcw on April 04, 2020, 09:03:44 pm »
Droping connection to the satellite units, also white screen very often during tge day.

Exactly the same. 

Is it possible to revert to an earlier firmware that worked?
Almond 3 / Almond 3 hanging on a daily basis
« Last post by marcw on April 04, 2020, 09:01:00 pm »
For the last week or so, my Almond 3 units have started just going into a hang state.  The screens go solid white, and are unresponsive. I have to power-cycle them pretty much every day, and sometimes more than once.

Is there a fault in the last update?  Or have they just worn out?
Almond+ / Re: Almond+ Firmware AP2-R093
« Last post by jeffbax on April 02, 2020, 08:07:21 am »
I agree, for months now my router has been acting up. It reboots multiple times per day, and as of late the 5GHz uptime is about 15 minutes and then the whole thing just seems to die. I am trying to go back to R092 and see if that helps, but the lack of support is really lame. When I called/emailed, I was pretty much told "make sure its plugged into the wall" (which, is strange it is the one device unsafe to put into my UPS?) and after that "how about purchase one of our newer devices".

How about is there some kind of diagnostics I could send so you could actually tell me whether there's a hardware failure or not? I've been using the router since I got it from Kickstarter and it's generally been decently reliable (though nothing compares to my old 54GL) and increasingly just is crapping itself.

The one thing I expect out of my premium priced router is

1. Hardware that lasts
2. Stability (increasingly seems like I will be forced to replace this router as its)
3. Security updates (which if the last update was in 2019 guessing that is a flop too now)

The bulk of the features in this thing, I simply don't use or seem non-functional/complete anyway. Heck, the time sync doesn't even account for timezone and is UTC-only 5 hours ahead of me.

I can't for the life of me see myself purchasing another Securifi product given the rapid deterioration of this router and sparse software support for it.
Almond+ / "RECYCLE ALL NETWORK DEVICES"
« Last post by skillet on March 29, 2020, 06:51:30 pm »
What does "RECYCLE ALL NETWORK DEVICES" even mean? I assume this means trash all of them? Not sure if it means to refresh them but I am afraid to even press the button. Several devices have lost their names so I am thinking this button might help but not sure why you would they would type "Recycle" unless they are trying to be cleaver which is not amusing because I see no documentation on this and frustrated that I have lost the names of several devices I have already typed the name of.
Almond 3 / Re: Almond 3 as Wi-Fi extender not detecting devices
« Last post by skillet on March 29, 2020, 06:30:38 pm »
Okay so frustrated with this router and just purchased a Gryphon router. Hopefully, I will have better success with them. No replies to questions. I just went through and marked all my devices last week and went through again this week and my Apple TV that was connected week now shows up as connected "long ago" What does that even mean when there are devices that show as connected 35 days ago. I would think long ago was more than 35 days at least but it showed up last week when I made my log. Kind of useless information if it is inaccurate.

I had such high hopes for Securifi but it feels like they have been stagnant for years with nearly no significant new development. Goodbye Securifi I tried for several years and held on with two of your most expensive routers.
Almond 2015 / Almond Not Recognizing Internet Cable
« Last post by JWLJN on March 28, 2020, 06:14:57 pm »
Hello,

Power blinked and my router got knocked offline. Was only coming on with a blank screen then shutting off. Finally it came back but was not connecting. Said I had nothing connected. Tried a reset and it is still not recognizing the internet cable. Comcast says internet and router are fine. Any suggestions? Not very tech savvy.

Thanks
Home automation / Re: What's good dimmer light switch to use now in 2020?
« Last post by fillibar on March 27, 2020, 07:02:37 am »
Yeah, like all the switches that can go without a neutral they are sapping a bit of power from the other lines constantly but that needs enough draw coming through. I have never used any switch without a neutral though so I cannot say how well that works.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 14 queries.