bottleneck
Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Almond 3 / Almond 3 screen size
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on November 18, 2020, 09:47:47 pm »
The Almond 3 has a screen shroud, which makes me wonder if a larger screen was initially planned.
Peanut plug / Re: Original Almond Router
« Last post by fainabuff on November 18, 2020, 01:46:19 am »
Great sharing. Thanks for sharing that kind of stuff here.
Almond 2015 / Re: Physical differences between Almond Routers
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on November 16, 2020, 09:11:10 pm »
As far as I can tell the A1A is just a 2015 without zigbee, one can even swap firmware; so no external differences.
Almond and Almond A1A / Wifi slow but hardline is fast
« Last post by Boazmojica on November 04, 2020, 10:36:59 am »
I am hooked to the Almond via a hardline and the speedtest is showing 85mbs down, on the wifi the speed is about 7mbs.  Is there a setting set that is throttling down the speed or is this normal( I hope not!).

Thanks

General Discussion / Re: How is Securifi and the team doing?
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on October 30, 2020, 12:28:09 pm »
Yes, it is a pity as I also like the product, especially the ability to show the weather.

I have

1 x Almond A1A
4 x Almond 3
6 x HomeScreen

I think they cut too may corners in manufacturing and had screen issues with the Almond A1A/2015 and a capacitor issue with the Almond 3; I ended up replacing the screen on the Almond A1A and capacitors on all the Almond 3 units.

I picked up so many units (they are cheap second hand) to display the time and weather more than for the Wi-Fi, although the Almond 3 is very capable; the A1A/2015 only has fast ethernet, but the Almond 3 has gigabit.
Almond+ / Re: Getting OPKG, NodeJS, Homebridge-Almond
« Last post by ElricX on October 29, 2020, 10:10:44 pm »
Do you have try to contact support team?
Almond+ / Re: wifi frequently crash and restart
« Last post by ElricX on October 29, 2020, 10:09:24 pm »
I will answer to myself, the problem was caused by a new laptop connected on the wifi. It use wifi6 driver and the drivers doesn't handle well the wifi security protocol. We must set to Force CCMP AES only in the Cipher parameter.
Almond 2015 / Interesting article on the HomeScreen router
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on October 29, 2020, 09:00:36 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/comments/efy1dy/alternate_method_for_updating_securifi_peanut/

One loses the 5GHz ability and Gigabit ethernet by using the 2015 firmware on the HomeScreen, but I am after the weather reporting feature.

I am now running one to see if the screen ages prematurely (as it did on some A1A units) or if any components age prematurely (as a capacitor did on the Almond 3)

The HomeScreen also has a slightly larger screen than the Almond, even though they were both made by Securifi
General Discussion / Re: How is Securifi and the team doing?
« Last post by ElricX on October 28, 2020, 03:18:00 pm »
I think this company is dead.  No new post on her blog since 2017. No integration with google assistant, more than a year ago they have mentionned they are working on it.. and nothing. It's sad because I like her product. I currently use the Almond+ with z-wave device, I use google assistant but I don't know how to connect my almond with google assistant... probably I will buy a Smarthting hub... ;-(
Anyone have this problem? I can't login into here: https://connect.securifi.com

Says password is incorrect, but I know it's correct. When selecting Forgot password, I enter my email and nothing happens.

This all started because the almond skill stopped working with Alexa and it told be to disable and re-enable the skill.

EDIT: It came back online.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 14 queries.