Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Android app / Re: Android App 7.63 is out
« Last post by Trunganh1131 on May 20, 2019, 10:09:26 pm »
Oh, I just updated Android 7.63 today, it's pretty good
Almond 3 / Band Steering
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on May 20, 2019, 04:34:03 pm »
I see Band Steering under Wireless Settings (Advanced Settings), but how does one turn it on?
Almond 3 / Internet temporarily not available
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on May 20, 2019, 04:12:28 pm »
Now that my Almond 3 is fixed from the 'white screen of death' I still notice times when the internet is temporarily unavailable, something I don't see when using my old Apple Airport Extreme. Hopefully this is something that is fixed in the next firmware update.

I am trying different names for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands in case having the same name is the cause.
Home automation / Re: Smartthings button
« Last post by scroder on May 19, 2019, 11:44:59 pm »
Any update as to if this button is working? Can't find almond clicks anywhere and need another one.
Almond 3 / Re: Repair service
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on May 19, 2019, 07:27:01 pm »
Take a look at the even tinier components either side that must not be disturbed.

I used low temperature alloy to help with removal, copper braid with lots of flux (Kester 186) to clean up the pads and leaded solder for the new component to keep installation temperatures down; then a cleanup with isopropyl alcohol to make it look clean as if no work had been done at all.

It helps to have a small magnifying glass to check the work.

This is not for everyone.
« Last post by punkorambo on May 19, 2019, 06:06:30 pm »
Hahaha point taken. I opened my A3 up today to take a look. I think itís too small for me to try the repair on my own.
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on May 19, 2019, 05:17:47 pm »
Wouldn't make any sense; the postage two ways, the risk of getting it wrong... the time to do the work, the time to test, the time to go to the post office to send it back. How could one turn a profit?

Even worse, someone who has given it a try and then sends the mess.

Just not worth the hassle, and before anyone asks, I'm really not interested. Just buy a new unit, it would be cheaper.

Anyhow, who am I to deny you the joy of having repaired something yourself?
« Last post by punkorambo on May 18, 2019, 03:50:57 pm »
I second this - or maybe @anwar.shiekh wants to start his own repair service!
Almond 3 / Repair service
« Last post by anwar.shiekh on May 18, 2019, 10:38:23 am »
I have managed to repair four Almond 3 units from the 'white screen of death' issue, but it is not easy work.

Perhaps Securifi could offer a repair service (with charge) for units no longer under warrantee.
General Discussion / Re: 5 A3 + Peanut Plug for Sale
« Last post by punkorambo on May 18, 2019, 07:00:14 am »
Thank you for the heads up @anwar.shiekh!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 12 queries.

bottleneck