bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Outdoor Entry Sensors  (Read 4312 times)

Offline lashanw

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Outdoor Entry Sensors
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:08:31 pm »
Hi,

I am looking for outdoor entry sensors to be used in backyard fence gate. Anybody know if such a product exists that will work with Almond+?

Thanks

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Outdoor Entry Sensors
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:55:11 am »
For one that will tell you when it is opened or closed you mean? I'd check the various door window sensors see if any are waterproof. As they are battery powered the only thing to check besides weather would be distance from closest mains powered sensor of same standard. You could also try an outdoor motion sensor to trigger when it sees motion on the gate. The following is supposed to be indoor outdoor sensor but isn't supported yet though they are working on one now. http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Multi-Sensor/dp/B008D5TYGU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422376004&sr=8-2&keywords=zwave+motion+sensor

Offline lashanw

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »
Yep, I want to tell if the gate is open or closed. Thanks for the info, I will take a look.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 09:07:43 pm »
I'm not aware of any IP66 door/window sensors, but there might be some. Alternatively you could seal a door/window sensor with something like silicon, it'll just be a hassle to change the batteries.
Here's another option http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158375

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck