Choose style:

Author Topic: New firmware - AP mode confusion  (Read 4569 times)

Offline YTN

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New firmware - AP mode confusion
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:34 am »
I just upgraded my Almond+ to the latest firmware and am a little confused about the new AP mode.

I did a factory reset and enabled AP mode which completed fine.

When I log into the web UI, it show's that the LAN side got an IP from my DHCP server (which is running on my ISP router). The IP it got via DHCP is 192.x.x.149. When I click on Network, it shows the IPv4 address as the default 10.10.10.254.

I tried changing it via the standard UI to a static address (I want a 192.x.x.x address).. bit it doesn't work. I then went into the OpenWRT settings and set it to "Static IP" from DHCP client (and setup a static IP to use) and then rebooted the router.

However, on the main screen, it still shows that it got an IP via DHCP i.e. the 192.x.x.149 IP. When I client on Network, it shows the IP as 192.x.x.2 (i.e. the value I entered to be the static IP), but that address doesn't work i.e. I can't connect to it via the browser.

It seems like there is no way to setup a static IP for AP mode. It always reverts back to being a DHCP client, even though it still shows whatever you typed in the UI as your static address.

Also, the setting for enabling / disabling the LAN side DHCP server seems to be missing, even though it gives you boxes for setting up your DHCP server settings.

Thanks.

Offline joepez

• Backer
Re: New firmware - AP mode confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:49:13 am »
Have you figured out a workaround for this problem? I'm trying to do the same thing and am frustrated that the changes don't stick. Especially annoying that the Network setting shows the static IP.

Have you tried assigning a fixed IP for the Almond+ MAC address from the host DHCP router?

Offline YTN

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:02:48 pm »
I gave up trying to get a static ip to work. I factory reset the Almond+ a couple times and AP mode *seems* to be working as it should (even though it's showing 10.10.10.254 as it's IP, it's actually using a different 192.* IP that it got from my DHCP server). So I guess I'll just have to leaving it using a dynamic IP for now.

I hate having to assign fixed IPs to specific MACs from my DHCP server... I think that's backward. I prefer configuring the static IP on the machine / node that needs it.

Hopefully they will resolve this in a future firmware release.

Offline edank

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »
Yep, for me too... I've got it in AP mode, and my DHCP server is trying to give it a fixed IP address (192.168.1.3), but the Almond+ keeps assigning itself the same old IP address (192.168.1.147)...

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:35:36 am »
Clearly a bug and I've reported this to the software team.

Offline ZackG

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 05:11:01 pm »
I see the same thing.  I can't seem to set a static IP for AP Mode. 

Offline Adhar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:43 pm »
Glad I'm not the only person who does this with my wifi access points.  Would love to get this tidied up.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.