Choose style:

Author Topic: WebUI and connect.securifi.com differences  (Read 5107 times)

Offline The19th

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
WebUI and connect.securifi.com differences
« on: August 15, 2014, 05:53:59 am »
Not sure if it was caused by the R065 firmware update, when I go to the Router tab on connect.securifi.com site, it briefly says "Reading router data." and "Router data received", but nothing shows up on the screen.  IIRC, it used to show more information, didn't it?

Also, was there a particular reason the connect site shows "Sensors" then "Router" while the WebUI shows Router first, then Sensors?

LGNilsson

Re: WebUI and connect.securifi.com differences
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:29:02 am »
connect.securifi.com was originally designed to be a solution that would enable remote sensor access. Due to overwhelming requests we decided to do a local web UI controlling the sensors in addition to the cloud service and the two kind of ended up being parallel solutions for controlling the sensors. This is why sensors are first, as it was intended as a compliment to the mobile apps, rather than as a fully fledged router UI. That said, the cloud UI does enable remote access, whereas the local UI would require you to use some kind of remote access service like a VPN to access it when you're not at home.

Right now things have ended up being a little bit messy, but we're working on getting things sorted out properly. As such, any router features outside of the local web UI should be considered beta and changing on a regular basis.

That said, I can see the router data just fine, so I'm not sure what's going on in your case, in fact, it seems like they've added some new features such as the ability to block certain MAC addresses.

Hopefully this explanation makes some kind of sense.

Offline The19th

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »
Thank you for the explanation.  When I was trying to figure out what was going on after I first posted, I realized that it had something to do with mobile devices.

As far as my router tab being empty though, I'm not sure what's going on.  I checked from both my Macs, Mac OS X 10.10 Safari 8.0 and Mac OS 10.9.4 Safari 7.0.5, Firefox 31.0, Chrome 36.0.1985.143 m from my Windows 7 Box, and Safari from my iPhone 5s on iOS 7.1.2.  All show blank Router tabs.

I unlinked my Almond from my account, then re-added it and it's still blank.

I'm going to be doing (another) factory reset later today and then re-do my changes one at a time to see at what point it turns blank.

Offline The19th

• Backer
Certain Special Characters in ESSID breaks connect.securifi.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 04:13:09 pm »
I think I found it.  Certain special characters in the ESSID breaks the connect.securifi.com site, causing it behave as I described as above.

I named my 2.4 GHz network "Too many networks…"
That's with an ellipses character (option-semicolon on a Mac), not period period period.  If I remove the ellipses, the connect site reverts back to "normal".

Aside from the connect.securifi.com issue, the wi-fi network performs as normal without any issues, even with special characters.  WebUI even shows the characters, but the LCD UI shows "á" and square square square square.

Further testing reveals it's only certain special characters that cause it.  For example, I can use a "Y U No" face:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) as the network name and the connect site functions, but it shows placeholder characters in place of the special ones.

Odd that the ellipses kills it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:14:45 pm by The19th »

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:35:19 pm »
Yeah, we're fixing this. It's been fixed on the router side, but not yet on the cloud side. We're expecting to have a fix in place for it by the end of next week.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 18 queries.