bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Problems with internet on iOS devices  (Read 11791 times)

Offline tmarks

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Problems with internet on iOS devices
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:12:01 am »
Currently my setup is a verizon FiOS modem/router with the Almond+ plugged directly into it.

My internet seems to work fine on my computers, but is terrible on our phones - to the point where you can almost not even use them.

I also have a Sonos music system, which has all kinds of intermittent connectivity problems while on the Almond+ wifi network when controlled by the phones.

Anyone else having a problem like this? I am on the latest firmware...

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Problems with internet on iOS devices
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:53:39 pm »
They are aware of the issue and are testing a fix for it. Should see a new release with a fix soon I would think.

Offline robh5791

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
Tmarks,

Until the new fixes are in wide release, a temp fix I found was to forget the 2.4 ghz band from any device that can get 5 ghz because having the 2.4 ghz saved forces the phone to choose it over the 5 ghz if they are both visible to the device. The speed is not ideal even with that fix but it will keep you on the best option for your device. They are testing a fix so hopefully that temp fix will only have to last a little while.

Offline dup

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 10:34:04 pm »
I definitely have this same problem as well. It happens to both my wife and I's iphone 5s. Signal strength is great but it just loses internet connectivity and it happens on both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.

Offline jademan

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 08:51:47 pm »
Same problem here on my iPhone 5. After x minutes, or after a locking/unlocking the phone, wifi stays connected, but just hangs with very limited/no connection speed. iPad 3 is fine however - both are iOS 7.1.2.  The iPhone will work again if I simply turn wifi off, and then back on, but of course this is frustrating.  Just hoping for a different fix/update for the Almond+.

edit: The problem has now surfaced on the iPad as well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:11:56 pm by jademan »

Offline ldferal

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »
I'm seeing the same thing on my unit.  Originally had it set up with the 2.4/5GHz bands having the same SSID, the unit in router mode, and with firmware AP2-R064-L009-W015-ZW015-ZB005.

I occasionally get bursts of connectivity with the cellphones (both android devices) but most of the time it reports as offline, or only partially loads a page.

Offline hildahlp

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »
I am having the same issue with a host of Apple devices, the wireless stays connected, but just hangs with no or little data being transferred.  Two iPhone 5s running 7.1.2, a MacBook Pro running 10.8.5, a MacBook Pro running 10.9.4, and an Apple TV running 6.2.  The MacBook Pro running 10.8.5 sometimes requires a reboot to reattach to the network.  The device that has given me the least trouble (so far) is the Apple TV.  All have no issues with maintaining a data connection on other wireless networks.  Things were stable with my old Linksys WRTG54.  So, that to preserve peace in my home, I am considering hooking it back up until there is a fix.
It seems that the Almond+ is currently allergic to Apple devices.

Offline tmarks

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 08:55:27 am »
Is there not a fix for this yet? I am getting very frustrated with a router that is essentially unusable!

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:50 am »
Can you try changing from 80 to 40MHz channel width on the 5GHz band and see if that helps for the time being.
This isn't a quick thing to fix as involves a lot of things outside of our control.

Offline nothingwasdelivered

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Can you try changing from 80 to 40MHz channel width on the 5GHz band and see if that helps for the time being.

How do you do that?

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 01:17:16 am »
LCD UI, Wireless, Advanced and there's a setting for the 5GHz width with options for 20, 40 and 80. Select 40.

Offline tmarks

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »
This does nothing to help the problem.

How is it beyond your control for your router to support iOS - something that every single router on the market can do?

Offline SteveD

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:06 pm »
Not that it'll make you feel any better, but in the interest of giving you hope it can work, I'm seeing no problems with iOS connectivity from my Almond+ (even with 80MHz channel widths) on a variety of devices - iPhone 5S (one w/iOS 7, one w/iOS 8 GM), 3rd gen AppleTVs, iPad Air, and iPad mini.

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:32:01 pm »
Also having a similar problem with one of our laptops, a Dell.  My wife's laptop was "connected" to wifi but there was limited/no connectivity. I say limited because it was intermittently receiving and sending email through Outlook, but Dropbox and all browser connectivity were hosed. We tried cycling the wifi but it didn't seem to help.  Verified that the laptop works fine with other wireless routers.

Also have the issue intermittently with iOS devices. Cycling wifi fixes problem for some amount of time.

Offline BadToad

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:10 am »
Having the same problem with iOS devices. After sometime, although it is connected with the wifi but can not access internet. Recycling router or turning off and on the wifi radio on iOS device fix the issue but after sometime it happens again.

Changing from 80 to 40htz width does not solved the issue.

So far we know this is known issue and securifi is working on it. It would be nice if someone explain in the technical terms what is going on? If it is hardware issue or something which could be fixed in the firmware?

I was excited to be early adaptor of the device, but this issue is causing enough frustration that i am seriously thinking of buying a different brand router.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck