Choose style:

Author Topic: Lowes Iris Smart Plug  (Read 8584 times)

Offline Curran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lowes Iris Smart Plug
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:54:16 pm »
Greetings everyone.

Just searched the forum and didn't find anyone with the same problem. Just returned from Lowes and bought the Iris Smart Plug having first checked the compatibility wiki.

I have been unsuccessful in getting the Smart Plug to pair. After navigating to the correct screen on the Almond+ and pressing the pairing button on the device, I get the following screens:

Adding sensor, please wait./
Getting sensor info, please wait.
Association failed.

I double checked the model number with wiki and all matches though the packaging doesn't identify it as ZigBee (nor Z-Wave for that matter). I am reticent to open any of the other Iris items I purchased until I get this working. Help!

John

Amritendu

Re: Lowes Iris Smart Plug
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:13:45 pm »
Are you running any network storage device connected via USB cable through the USB 3.0 ports of the Almond+?

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:11:42 pm »
It looks like the smart plug is on the list of sensors that is NOT supported, because it's a proprietary zigbee protocol only usable by the iris controller. Note the Works column in the wiki, which all of the lowe's zigbee items are listed as No.

Offline sorphin

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:05:40 am »
Greetings everyone.

Just searched the forum and didn't find anyone with the same problem. Just returned from Lowes and bought the Iris Smart Plug having first checked the compatibility wiki.

I have been unsuccessful in getting the Smart Plug to pair. After navigating to the correct screen on the Almond+ and pressing the pairing button on the device, I get the following screens:

Adding sensor, please wait./
Getting sensor info, please wait.
Association failed.

I double checked the model number with wiki and all matches though the packaging doesn't identify it as ZigBee (nor Z-Wave for that matter). I am reticent to open any of the other Iris items I purchased until I get this working. Help!

John

I've been working on trying to shoehorn the Iris modules in, It's not totally true that only the Iris hub can use them. I'm controlling them with a Raspberry Pi, Python script and XBee Series 2 module.

Offline ombheembush

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 10:02:38 pm »
Hi, any success here in adding Lowes sensors? I am looking specifically for the door/window sensors.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:38 pm »
Yeah. I don't think that can happen because it is proprietary. I have a hub and a smart plug. I wish I can use the smart plug but unfortunately I can't. I am keeping the hub and the smart plug in the hope that I can get rid of them, but no one seems to want them. The reason I got it is that it is cheaper to buy the bundle with the thermostat than buying the thermostat alone.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 19 queries.

bottleneck